Legacy Health - multiple non-communicating silos | Glassdoor

"multiple non-communicating silos"

Pros

potential, many long-term employees who have pride in work, however, many are leaving for other systems even after 17 years

Cons

At the board level, they consult with many national management consulting firms that state the same issues/solutions that their current employees state. (I know this as my friends work for these firms). The various silos of the organization often do not have alignment in goals and strategy. Do not do good talent management. HR is ineffective at high level - do not respond to issues in timely fashion and HR works for concerns of company, not of employees. HR and employee relation members are lawyers, some have worked for firms that previously represented Legacy. Low overall morale of company. Many say that this is the case with large organizations, however, much larger competing organizations have better employee morale, better clinical quality results, less employee turnover. Salary and benefits lag those of competitors.

Advice to Management

Employees are your greatest asset. This is business 101.Treat employees as commodities and productivity and profits will reflect this. So many in management have Collins "Good to Great" and books on lean principles on shelf. It is evident that many have yet to open and read these books. Perhaps, many have, as Collins would put it, realize that they are the "wrong people on the bus" and should seek other opportunities. There are many excellent, dedicated people in the system, stop alienating them and driving them to your competitors.

Other Employee Reviews for Legacy Health

1. "Administration"

Current Employee - Administrative in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Administrative in Portland, OR

I have been working at Legacy Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Support is offered if you're interested in growing and moving up the 'ladder'. Several policies are put into place and even revisited to improve the process. Our staff exceeded my customer service expectations. Unknowing to them, I was a current employee when treated at their facility.

Cons

Clinics: Lack of communication when requested to work at another location; i.e. if already staffed but then sends more employees to that site, making it difficult to find workspace. Bring the cafeteria cards back.

Legacy Health Response

May 23, 2017 – Digital Marketing

Hello and thank you for your feedback. These are good suggestions. Please feel free to make the suggestions on the MyVoice platform on MyHealth. Your suggestions are anonymous and will be given to ... More

2. "Charge Nurse, dayshift"

Current Employee - Nurse in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Nurse in Portland, OR

I have been working at Legacy Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a tremendous group of men and women caring for patients despite the support at the upper levels

Cons

There is a serious disconnect between those delivering the care and those making the decisions

Advice to Management

Frontline staff are the bread and butter of healthcare, make them happy-treat them well-they have the power

Legacy Health Response

May 9, 2017 – Digital Marketing

Hello and thank you for your candid input. We are always looking for ways to improve our employee's experiences. We would appreciate your feedback and recommendations. Please use the MyVoice tool on ... More