LegalZoom - Good internet company in Los Angeles (Glendale) | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for LegalZoom

"Good internet company in Los Angeles (Glendale)"

I worked at LegalZoom full-time

Pros

Nice people
Actually provides a real solution for real needs

Cons

Very silo'ed
Fewer opportunities for upward mobility

Other Employee Reviews for LegalZoom

"If You Like Hating Your Life, Apply Now!"

Current Employee - Business Formations Specialist in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Business Formations Specialist in Austin, TX

I have been working at LegalZoom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Christmas party, bagels on Friday, free soda, fellow employees,

Cons

1. Temp agency was extremely misleading about conversion times; was quoted 3 months when in reality most folks saw 6-9 months if converted at all. Keep in mind, there are no benefits in the meantime. The vast majority either quit or are dropped before being converted.

2. Hours inconvenient. Have many folks forced to work Sat-Wed now, which was certainly not the case for the last 6 months.

3. Company behaves as a cult with regards to its sales model, which is extremely awkward and impersonal. Any dissent is exceedingly frowned upon, and the leader is out there... to say the least. many people I know personally pretend to support it enthusiastically for fear that they will be fired.

4. Management keeps minimal communication with employees (besides the routine and copious emails and handouts with new tasks to tack on to the actual sales part of the job). And no, quarterly town hall meetings don't count either.

5. Despite being remarkably distant, several employees I know (including myself) have been absolutely reamed by managers in the most condescending and viscous way for one month of slightly off-color numbers, despite previous success. Not all managers fall into this category, though.

6. Repeatedly (daily) forced to choose between my job and violating personal ethics by misleading customers.

Advice to Management

Stop pretending that you take employees' opinions into account and stop running the place like a sweat shop.

"This place is a horrible place to work!"

Former Employee - Sales in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Sales in Austin, TX

I worked at LegalZoom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic Christmas parties. Free drinks, breakfast bagels on fridays, I cant think of anything else nice to say - this place is horrible!

Cons

The company won me over with their mission statement of how important their employees are. They claim to be completely concerned with making their employees happy. Happy employees means happy customers right? What a joke! The company has zero desire to make their employees happy. The micro managing is insane. The trainers are basically bullies that talk down on you and make you feel like you arent worth anything to them. Was even told that even though you were the top performer, you were basically the best of the worst. The main trainer who is too smart for his own good has got the most horrible lack of people skills possible. He's obviously pissed at the world and takes it out on the employees daily. They hire by the truck load and have new trainees coming in every two weeks 15 - 20 at a time and this gives them the ability to be able to cherry pick at all times. They run you to the ground and then toss you out the door. If you work there or plan on working there, beware, when your turn is up, they go through your personal belongings (purse, computer bag, back pack, etc...) . I understand they have a right to go through your desk but your bags??? That's just wrong.

Advice to Management

As you are busy letting go of so many employees and as you watch so many employees walk out the door, you should try going to the root of the problem - your trainer! He may be brilliant but that doesn't mean he can coach / train worth a flip!