Legg Mason - Good place to work. | Glassdoor

"Good place to work."

Former Employee - Developer in Baltimore, MD
Former Employee - Developer in Baltimore, MD

Pros

I didn't work there long, but the people I got to meet there were really great to work with. The out-of-college training program they have you go through is a bit bogus, but its a nice way to break up the day. Overall the pay was good and the job was interesting.

Cons

Like I said, the training program is a bit bogus. Other than that, the job was pretty decent. Sometimes supporting financial organizations in IT can be pretty demanding, especially with clients in other countries.

Advice to Management

Not to beat a dead horse here, but get rid of the trainee program or make it more useful. It would also be nice to have more work across teams (at least in IT).

Other Employee Reviews for Legg Mason

1. "Legg Mason"

Current Employee - Internal Wholesaler in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Internal Wholesaler in Stamford, CT

Pros

Great pay, great benefits. A place to learn the ropes for the financial world and the wholesaling industry. Not a bad employer.

Cons

Poor management, lack of communication, senior management lacks experience in wholesaling and therefore treat it as a retail operation. Behind the 8 ball on what products should be offered considering current economic times.

Advice to Management

Provide timely information to employees regarding business decisions that may affect the way business is handled on a day to day basis. In a sales environment compensation creates motivation, therefore do not make promises you can not keep.

2. "Good Job"

Current Employee - Retirement Specialist in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Retirement Specialist in Baltimore, MD

Pros

This job is good because it pays me a lot of money and I do not live that far from the office.

Cons

This job is bad because i always have to deal with someone up in my business when I just want to be left alone to do my work.

Advice to Management

Take the time to understand that you are not the god of the company and you can't just tell everyone what to do or they will resent you.