Lehigh Hanson - Great place to start your professional career, terrific learning experience. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lehigh Hanson

"Great place to start your professional career, terrific learning experience."

Current Employee - Accounts Payable in Union Bridge, MD
Current Employee - Accounts Payable in Union Bridge, MD

Pros

Great learning experience. Great tuition reimbursement policy. Really great coworkers, they are all very intelligent and hardworking. Flexible schedule as long as you attempt to put in your 40 hours in and don't make a habbit of missing work.

Cons

Direct supervisor has little to do with wage increases. No appreciation for personal sacrifices. No room for advancement at this location. Corporate makes decisions and implements policies without including the individual locations. They act as if your skills and knowledge of your job are useless. They expect you to work extremely hard on poorly planned projects that are geared towards eliminating your position. Side note: The environment is very bad for your car's paint.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees when they have something to say. Put yourself in their shoes. Reward GOOD behavior and hardwork, not whinning and complaining. Make sure that everyone is being treated equally. Send HR to some morale boosting seminars!

Other Employee Reviews for Lehigh Hanson

1. "Industry"

I have been working at Lehigh Hanson full-time

Pros

Engineering - will give you opportunities. Industry is solid with long term job security. COmpany promotes from within.

Cons

Typical industrial complaints. No planning, butting heads with different work groups. Shutdown work means you're busy for 1 month of the year

2. "my thoughts"

Pros

As a summer intern, I got to work on the client services team along with 20 other interns. The team I was placed on delegated me real work to help them with. Having to balance the work given to me could be difficult at times for at the same time, I had to stay coordinated with the other interns in order to work on our group project. However, everyone I worked with was willing to help and very friendly. The company culture is wonderful, the employees generally seem happy to be working there! I think the energy of the environment drove everyone to do their best, at least for me it did! I learned how to work and prioritze multiple tasks at a time. I also was able to improve my research and presentation skills.

Cons

Fast growth often leaves our organization struggling to keep up with the demands of the business.Fast growth often leaves our organization struggling to keep up with the demands of the business.Fast growth often leaves our organization struggling to keep up with the demands of the business.