Leidos - Time of Transition | Glassdoor

"Time of Transition"

Current Employee - Intelligence Analyst in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Intelligence Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at Leidos full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

With the shutdown they worked hard to keep employees informed and engaged. We knew where we stood and how things were going to affect us. Plus with the split from SAIC there was tons of support helping make things smooth.

Cons

The name is really weird and people keep asking you why its so dumb.I feel like some hipster came up with the name and it confuses people when you explain its meaning. Also Purple is not a great color for defense contracting. I would also say once your locked into a pay band your stuck there and Its hard to get a raise.

Advice to Management

Pay employees more. Change the name

Other Employee Reviews for Leidos

"Drastic shift in employee relations"

Current Employee - Senior Intelligence Analyst in Suitland, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Intelligence Analyst in Suitland, MD

I have been working at Leidos full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work is challenging and relevant.
    You are generally given latitude in your opportunities with customer interactions.
    Management does not overly involve themselves in your daily activity.

Cons

Since the split between SAIC and Leidos management have SEVERELY restructured employee benefits.
    Cuts in insurance.
    Cuts to employer contributions to 401k
    Cuts to Health Savings Accounts funds.
    Reduction in ability to carry leave from year to year, or accrue leave beyond the cap for the present year.

Advice to Management

You are going to lose senior members of your teams because of your restructuring. Your ability to make money is directly related to your employees. By cutting benefits employees will simply seek better organizations. SAIC was on it's way down before the split and it seems that Leidos is following that trend. A very disappointing way ahead for this company.

2. "Good Company To Work For"

Current Employee - Integration Test Engineer in Eglin AFB, FL
    Current Employee - Integration Test Engineer in Eglin AFB, FL

I have been working at Leidos full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Job security is good as long as the government holds together. Paid time off is fair.

Cons

Raises aren't great. Reviews seem to conform to the "laddering" standard which rates you against others, which is not a good way of assigning ratings. Benefits are generally good, but took a dive due to "uncertainty of healthcare reform." Basically Obamacare scared SAIC (now Leidos) into cutting our health insurance and raising prices.

Advice to Management

Stop the laddering process of reviewing employees and at least cover cost of living increase with raises.