Leidos - Time of Transition | Glassdoor

"Time of Transition"

Current Employee - Intelligence Analyst in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Intelligence Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at Leidos full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

With the shutdown they worked hard to keep employees informed and engaged. We knew where we stood and how things were going to affect us. Plus with the split from SAIC there was tons of support helping make things smooth.

Cons

The name is really weird and people keep asking you why its so dumb.I feel like some hipster came up with the name and it confuses people when you explain its meaning. Also Purple is not a great color for defense contracting. I would also say once your locked into a pay band your stuck there and Its hard to get a raise.

Advice to Management

Pay employees more. Change the name

Other Employee Reviews for Leidos

"Drastic shift in employee relations"

Current Employee - Senior Intelligence Analyst in Suitland, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Intelligence Analyst in Suitland, MD

I have been working at Leidos full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work is challenging and relevant.
    You are generally given latitude in your opportunities with customer interactions.
    Management does not overly involve themselves in your daily activity.

Cons

Since the split between SAIC and Leidos management have SEVERELY restructured employee benefits.
    Cuts in insurance.
    Cuts to employer contributions to 401k
    Cuts to Health Savings Accounts funds.
    Reduction in ability to carry leave from year to year, or accrue leave beyond the cap for the present year.

Advice to Management

You are going to lose senior members of your teams because of your restructuring. Your ability to make money is directly related to your employees. By cutting benefits employees will simply seek better organizations. SAIC was on it's way down before the split and it seems that Leidos is following that trend. A very disappointing way ahead for this company.

"As close to a roller coaster ride as you can get. Buckle up."

I have been working at Leidos full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The best thing for me about Leidos Health are the people. Whether it's the sales team, recruiters, managers, or fellow consultants I interact with, everyone is so helpful. The managerial staff does check in often to see how things at your client site are going. I do feel like the company wants you to succeed and tries to provide the tools for that to happen.

Cons

Let's start with a history lesson... Before SAIC spun off into two companies to form Leidos Health, they acquired Vitalize Consulting and then maxIT Healthcare. Both were fairly small companies that offered great benefits. Huge bonuses, not much competition for roles, yearly trips, incremental anniversary rewards, stable bench policy, etc. All of that went to the wayside after coming under the SAIC roof. We've also lost A LOT of great executives due to ego (hint: the ones with the ego aren't the ones that left).

It's still a decent company with your typical benefits. There's just nothing that makes it stand out from the other 100+ consulting firms out there. The luster they once had is now gone.

Advice to Management

We both agree the bottom line is very important. Don't let greed get in the way of losing great people. If you're paying someone $60/hr but the client is paying you $120/hr for their services, you can certainly afford to give standard raises and bonuses.