Leidos - Very good learning experience for the time working at the company. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Leidos

"Very good learning experience for the time working at the company."

I worked at Leidos full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People truly care about the performing great research. Senior management works at being fair across all levels.

Cons

Two many contracting organizations with their fingers in the pot. Different groups run by different contractors sometimes clash when it comes to the end game. Government can be wishy washy on requirements and move the goal posts setting up for failure.

Advice to Management

Continue working towards transparency across all contractors and government contacts. Get some better healthcare and give a little more vacation when a senior person joins. Try to give your people better info when it comes to pay during a government shutdown or issue. You will loose a lot good talent when your people are always in fear of their next paycheck.

Other Employee Reviews for Leidos

"As close to a roller coaster ride as you can get. Buckle up."

I have been working at Leidos full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The best thing for me about Leidos Health are the people. Whether it's the sales team, recruiters, managers, or fellow consultants I interact with, everyone is so helpful. The managerial staff does check in often to see how things at your client site are going. I do feel like the company wants you to succeed and tries to provide the tools for that to happen.

Cons

Let's start with a history lesson... Before SAIC spun off into two companies to form Leidos Health, they acquired Vitalize Consulting and then maxIT Healthcare. Both were fairly small companies that offered great benefits. Huge bonuses, not much competition for roles, yearly trips, incremental anniversary rewards, stable bench policy, etc. All of that went to the wayside after coming under the SAIC roof. We've also lost A LOT of great executives due to ego (hint: the ones with the ego aren't the ones that left).

It's still a decent company with your typical benefits. There's just nothing that makes it stand out from the other 100+ consulting firms out there. The luster they once had is now gone.

Advice to Management

We both agree the bottom line is very important. Don't let greed get in the way of losing great people. If you're paying someone $60/hr but the client is paying you $120/hr for their services, you can certainly afford to give standard raises and bonuses.

"Does not value employees"

I have been working at Leidos full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Does allow for flexible working hours and telecommuting.

Cons

We keep getting memos saying benefits will be cut to keep the company "in line with industry standards". Which is to say, other companies don't value their employees, why should we? Lots of people lost their offices. Comprehensive leave is now capped. Health insurance is pretty miserable, though not that expensive I guess.

Advice to Management

Why not try to be better than industry standards? Then I might not be looking for a job right now.