Leidos - Great company, They take care of the employee | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Leidos

"Great company, They take care of the employee"

Current Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Columbia, MD
Current Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Leidos full-time (More than a year)

Pros

has many contracts that helps ensure job security

Cons

none that I can think of

Advice to Management

none

Other Employee Reviews for Leidos

"Leadership lacks vision"

Current Employee - Chief Systems Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Chief Systems Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Leidos full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

At the Division level and lower, there is a very good dedicated, technical staff that strives for excellence in the work they perform.

Cons

A very risk adverse, upper management at the Operations, Group and Sector levels lack vision and leadership skills. The primary corporate vision appears to be returning value to the major shareholders and top management with heavy stock holdings via the recent IPOs (split of SAIC and Leidos) and a potential merger/acquisition in the near future. The company unfortunately lacks identity and almost all levels due to the nature of our business. Leidos is a portfolio company of a wide range of government contracts and services. If you ask upper management if they support a particular business, industry, initiative, or opportunity, they will inevitably look at a spreadsheet to answer the question. The lack of trust of the individuals that actually write the proposals, bring in the work, execute the work and ensure customer satisfaction is highly evident as one engages management at the Operations level and higher. The company is managed by lackluster, visionless process pushers. It has evolved into a company where those that perform real work serve the process management drones instead of process serving those that carry on the real work. Unfortunately, it appears that the company will be in for much more downside as working staff gets reduced and upper management stays the same or expands. The top heavy feeling at Leidos will eventually be the downfall as it has in so many companies jam packed with middle management. Leidos (formerly SAIC) used to be a great company to work at but the lack of support and commitment from upper management at multiple levels makes it highly undesirable these days.

Advice to Management

Upper management, and that includes the COO and CEO levels needs to reduce the multitude of process pushers that bring little value and drive inefficiency by throwing the same processes at every opportunity regardless of pricing magnitude. Management has to restore mutual trust in their technical staff and support them appropriately and demonstrate commitment. Management has to realize that process should serve those that perform real work and not the opposite.

"The REAL Deal with Leidos...And it isn't pretty"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I have been working at Leidos full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There are only 2 pros left with my job 1) I get a paycheck and 2) I do work with some great people.

Cons

I have been with Leidos (formerly SAIC) for 13 years. I have written 2 reviews of SAIC over the years, but wanted to add one on the Leidos page, since they are now my employer.
    Over the past 2 years, both in the spin up to the split and since the split, it has become obvious that the future of Leidos is VERY bleak. There is ZERO trust and respect for the company leadership, particularly Jumper and Shea. I would expand upon the feelings towards both, but I am fairly sure it would stop this "review' from being posted. The financials are in the toilet, as the Q3 report and the nose dive the stock took illustrated. While it isn't being publicized; the company has laid off a large number of people since the split with dozens getting notices this week. They tend to spread them out across locations, so that they don't have to report to state labor departments, but when added together the numbers are substantial. It isn't easy watching people who have been with the company 20+ years be treated as disposable. I work with people in some other locations who are fairly certain Leidos is trying to close their offices all together. A lot of employees were very upset with the cut in benefits, and while it didn't affect me very much I can see where for some people it was a major issue. The health care is mediocre, the 401(k) contributions were cut, and other items that used to be company funded have now been pushed onto the employees. There isn't much positive that can be said about working for Leidos, and I would advise anyone considering it to think very hard. The environment is toxic, morale is at an all time low, the company leadership is viewed in a negative light by most employees, and the future plan offers no solutions to current problems.

Advice to Management

Sadly, the upper management at Leidos does not believe in listening to employees, so giving them advice is futile.