Leidos - Succefully place to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Leidos

"Succefully place to work"

Former Employee - Windows Systems/Exchange Engineer
Former Employee - Windows Systems/Exchange Engineer

I worked at Leidos full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The people were knowledgeable and hard working.

Cons

Benefits health care cuts and no bouns

Other Employee Reviews for Leidos

"Negative Outlook"

I worked at Leidos full-time

Pros

Work life balance, tuition reimbursement

Cons

Politics, uncertain future, declining benefits package

"Steady decline"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer

I have been working at Leidos full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pay is good(but see below) . I've worked on commercial accounts rather than the typical Government contracting role that Leidos (formerly SAIC) is typically known for. I have worked for government contracts on government accounts in the past so I can see how much the company runs like a government contractor. Commercial businesses work a bit differently, though, and so sometimes Leidos is a bit slow to move compared to the accounts they support. Mostly though, they've stayed in the background which is fine by me. Much of my career satisfaction and growth has really been driven by the customers we support and my immediate management rather than by Leidos further above.

Cons

The erosion of benefits as others have mentioned is really a pay cut. Various changes as well as minimal performance increases despite being rated highly and working on profitable contracts. Leidos has taken a beating on some other contracts and been fined and those costs have been passed throughout the particular organization I work for.

If you lose coverage on a contract you will lose employment. Leidos' business model doesn't support the notion of a "bench".

Advice to Management

The down side of Leidos being largely uninvolved with employees that support customers and the contracts they work under is that they really don't appear to have much idea of what their people do. The people who manage the customer relationship and work to win additional business don't have any understanding of what services and value they actually provide to the customer. As a result, it looks to me like they're losing business and the stock price reflects that.