Leidos - Great technical staff, professionals, upper management and directors . . . not so much. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Leidos

"Great technical staff, professionals, upper management and directors . . . not so much."

Former Employee - Senior Scientist in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Senior Scientist in San Diego, CA

I worked at Leidos full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent technical staff. If you work here, you will for the most part find yourself working with truly motivated, intelligent, capable folks, many of which you will end up calling your friends. That goes for an abundance of the support staff as well. In the current economy I would pursue a job (not a career) at Leidos with the enthusiasm of someone jumping from an overpass onto the last train leaving the gulf states in the advance of Hurricane Katrina.

Cons

After an IPO, and self-imposed corporate suicide, dividing SAIC into two companies: newSAIC and Leidos Corp., it appears Leidos has sold it's sole to it's shareholders, sacrificing staff in the process. The company is going through a major downgrade; divesting itself of long time acquired real estate in favor of massive cube farms, outsourcing of all corporate functions, drastic cutting of employee benefits (while inflating Director's benefits) including healthcare and incentives, continuous reorganizations across a national landscape (I never even met my last several Division Managers - none even located in my state), etc., all to show profitability to the shareholders. The company is losing technical, and support staff faster than a children's party clown with Tourette Syndrome (yes, borrowed from D. Miller) - that is, those surviving the rounds of layoffs that reappear on the horizon on a tidal frequency. There seems to be a bit of a bunker mentality emerging among the middle management folks.

Advice to Management

After nearly 30 years working for SAIC, then Leidos, essentially the same company, I have formed the following analogy regarding corporate management. I view the current management as a bunch of tantrum prone trust fund babies that inherited a well functioning business. In your desire to leave your mark, you applied your life's experiences, mythological business practices, gee-wiz Harvard MBA theories, etc. . . . and you broke it! Now you don't know what to do! The board of directors are simultaneously enabling and indulgent absentee parents, allowing the destruction to continue.

Other Employee Reviews for Leidos

"Government rules - Criminals get a more fair trial"

Current Employee - Trainers in Dunn Loring, VA
    Current Employee - Trainers in Dunn Loring, VA

I have been working at Leidos full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay but it was deserved considering credentials. Was able to perform at highest level on this contract but that didn't matter. Still got screwed.

Cons

There is little to no protection for contractor/employee no matter what the company says. You can be the most productive/liked contractor and still get screwed. Never hear both sides of the story and hang onto less competent personnel (pay is less for them).

Advice to Management

Get a spine.

"Great Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Log Analyst in Warren, MI
    Current Employee - Log Analyst in Warren, MI

I have been working at Leidos full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've been working for Leidos for over 7 years and have nothing but great things to say about the company, the people it employs and the overall culture. If you are willing to move around your options are limitless.

Cons

Not really a con but in today's DOD budget constrained economy things are tight. The company does try everything that it can to keep employees by moving them to other open positions. Career advancement and training is available if you ask for it.

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees and continue providing the open communication. We can get thru this!!