Leidos - Creating a culture, refining our identity | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Leidos

"Creating a culture, refining our identity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Leidos full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Emerging from out of the shadows of SAIC, the new Leidos is in the midst of an exciting times. Where else can you work where you have the opportunity to create your own culture and be part of refining your companies identity? Leidos is certainly not a start up company but rather a new company with a broad billion dollar portfolio of contracts, customers, missions, and yes, opportunities to work with cutting edge technology. With any transition comes the inevitable change that we all hate and while the initial ride provided a few bumps the road ahead will certainly be smooth as the minds behind the scenes continue to navigate the challenges, refine processes, and create the road map that will sustain the company in this competitive and challenging marketplace. Additionally, with new leadership finally in place, this employee of 12+ years looks forward to the new direction we will,take. From recent college grad to seasoned professional, Leidos can provide a long term career, variety, growth, upward mobility, education and training and a decent benefits package.

Cons

If you are "change phobic" this is probably not the company for you. Change is a constant in this industry and Leidos in my opinion leads the pack in necessary change and questionable change. The government market is seeing a great deal of funding cuts which have trickled down to all companies in our industry. In order to continue to be competitive, win business and return profit Leidos has reduced a large portion of overhead positions during the last year- a common cost cutting practice in business-yet one that will earn some unfavorable responses on this site. The company is running lean right now creating a work overload for overhead administrative functional positions. Overload will only lead to mistakes and mistakes will cost the company money.

Advice to Management

If people are our most valuable asset then we should keep our most valuable assets and eliminate as much as possible layoffs of large portions of technically capable individuals. Layoffs are a quick way to decreasing a revenue shortfall and meeting the demands of the stockholder but a misplaced employee can ultimately affect how a company is rated on this site which in turn could hurt future recruiting.

Other Employee Reviews for Leidos

"Good Company"

Current Employee - Support Scientist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Support Scientist in New York, NY

I have been working at Leidos full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits. Ability to work independently with flexibility

Cons

Wish had allocated sick time along with vacation time. Sick and vacation are combined.

2. "Great Company"

I have been working at Leidos full-time

Pros

Working offsite has it benefits. Good support and benifits for employees

Cons

If other programs do not do well within the your same division and your program does do well you will not be compensated or provided incentives to continue success.

Advice to Management

Consider recognition and incentives for programs that continue to outperform others.