Lend Lease - What has happened? | Glassdoor

"What has happened?"

Current Employee - Preconstruction Manager in Bethesda, MD
Current Employee - Preconstruction Manager in Bethesda, MD

Pros

Like many construction companies, safety if a critical success factor for their employees and contractors. Everyone who arrives on the jobsite in the morning, needs to go home safely at the end of the day.

Cons

Just not sure where this once highly recognized company is headed. With an exceptional resume from the past, their efforts to diversify their market portfolio seems to have put them in a precarious situation.

Advice to Management

Several of managements ideas and philosophies need to another look. The attempts to increase your presence in the industry hasn't worked and finding scapegoats to sacrifice is a feeble attempt to keep your doors open. You lost too many of your key people and those that are still there are not happy.

Other Employee Reviews for Lend Lease

1. "Out of all the Construction Manager Firms in NYC, I would say that is the one that treats its employees the best..."

Current Employee - Project Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Project Engineer in New York, NY

Pros

Out of all the Construction Manager Firms in NYC, I would say it has the reputation to treat its employees the best...i.e. best pay and benefits (Based on comments from colleagues at other firms and personal experience) don't get me wrong the other firms (turner, skanska, plaza, tishman, gotham) are not that way off so is matter of preference.

Cons

Lately has been getting some bad rep for some serious safety incidents. However because of this it is taking safety to the extreme and it is only logic that in the near future it will benefit from this as it will be years ahead on safety practices compere to the competition. Paying the price now , but winning later I guess

Advice to Management

n/a

2. "Best Place to Work...Ever!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Pros

I have been with Actus for going on 6 years and it is, hands down, the best job I have ever had. Besides the benefits being out of this world, Actus is a family. The people here really care about you and your family. I know my boss wants me to succeed and better myself. We have a good time and get paid well for it. I feel that by coming to work everyday I really do make a difference in the lives of military families.

Cons

It is definitley a "boys world" here but I am starting to see that change. We have recently merged with our sister company and that is a bit of a pain.

Advice to Management

Listen to the "low guys" on the totem pole...we hear more than anyone about everything and believe it or not...we really are pretty smart!