Lender Processing Services - Great Company, expanding, Excellent pay | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lender Processing Services

"Great Company, expanding, Excellent pay"

Current Employee - Bankruptcy Specialist in Mendota Heights, Dakota, MN
Current Employee - Bankruptcy Specialist in Mendota Heights, Dakota, MN

I have been working at Lender Processing Services part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy going atmosphere; Work is challenging but rewarding. Management is very informative and helpful. Company is expanding due to the work load. Values match with everyday people and are present in every workplace

Cons

Odd hours for certain jobs. As bankruptcy handlers work can be a little depressing.

Advice to Management

Try to be more accommodating to employees wishes.

Other Employee Reviews for Lender Processing Services

"This Experience was horrible!!!!!!!! (Default Solutions)"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Lender Processing Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only pros are the benefits

Cons

I was hired even though the manager(VP in Default Solutions) knew that I did not have experience in the mortgage industry.I guess he liked my personality at the time. I was led to believe that it was going to be a great learning experience, and that they would help me get familiar with the industry. That was not the case at all. I was hired as an admin, which may not seem complicated, but there was absoltely no support, or encouraging involved in anything. I received no positive feedback for anything I did. My first day I was told not to be afraid to ask questions, and to ask them as often as I would like, and then a few weeks later when I would, the attitude was that I need to figure things out for myself. Expense reports were not something that I ever had to do before. I was shown how to do it, but really recieved no thorough training on that or anything else. It was a disapointment. Not only that, but the VP of "Financial Planning and Analysis" was so hard to work for. He was not approachable in the slightest. I really feel like I did the very best I could despite the fact that I was not given the tools that I needed to perform successfully. The environment was really stressful, and caused me to have full blown anxiety attacks. I wish I could erase the experience from my mind. I was making $17.30 or so an hour, but don't care about that now. I would rather go back to making $10.00 an hour (and I have a degree) and struggle to pay back my loans than to ever work for a place like this again.

Advice to Management

Be more supportive to employees new to the industry. Give feedback. Encourage people.

"Long hours with little client focus"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Lender Processing Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great variety of products and services which allow you to move around in the company to find the right place for yourself. You can apply for inter company positions without your immediate supervisor knowing that you are looking to move elsewhere, until you are a candidate for the position.

Cons

I feel sometimes that a lack of client focus is a big problem. Too many departments and too many levels of management. As with any large company the upper management has hard time communicating goals to the troops.

Advice to Management

Too many layers sometimes make a messy cake.