LendingClub - Excellent, innovative, great morale!! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for LendingClub

"Excellent, innovative, great morale!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LendingClub full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The spirit of the Company is very contagious. The growth has been stellar and the future seems very bright. The Company really cares about their employees and that is felt at all levels. I honestly can say that I feel like I am making a difference every day! We have great benefits and company perks such as a gym membership and food!

Cons

I am required to put something in the cons section, but honestly can’t think of many things that are worth sharing! We have the same growing pains that any successful company growing at our rate would, but nothing that has ever held back progress!

Advice to Management

Continue enabling your employees to succeed and listening to their ideas! Employees love feeling like they are part of the company, not just working for “it”.

Other Employee Reviews for LendingClub

"There's a definitive line between interns (aka "intern resources") and "real" employees."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Pros

Intern wages are pretty solidly above Nordstrom Rack/retail wages. Of course there are no benefits. They also don't take out taxes, which may hurt you in the long run when you file taxes yourself, but in the short term it's pretty nice.

Cons

Everyone from your boss to the HR lady will find and use any opportunity to belittle your status. For example, they claimed that getting direct deposit was strictly a full-timer privilege. Interns are used to fulfill specific tasks for the duration of the contract to a point where you're not considered as an option for fulfilling any other outstanding action items for the department. Speaking up and offering time or suggestions for projects only yields more missed opportunities for company productivity rather than positive results.

Advice to Management

Politely request that members of your intern's department remember their name. Until your department reaches above 30 people, blithely forgetting a person's name while they're within a 5 feet radius is rude and demeaning. Take advantage of your intern's college degree level of knowledge to give them projects that would make the intern investment worthwhile and meaningful. Remember to include them in companywide emails from day 1 rather than day 27. Take the many small steps in any etiquette book to make an intern feel welcome!

2. "Recruiter"

I have been working at LendingClub full-time

Pros

The benefits & company culture!

Cons

Still somewhat of a start-up culture