Lenovo - Great benefits but work-life balance leaves much to be desired | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lenovo

"Great benefits but work-life balance leaves much to be desired"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at Lenovo full-time

Pros

Great benefits (401k match, health, dental, vision); long term incentive programs; comfortable work environment

Cons

Work-life balance importance it touted but not enforced; employees working on global teams are expected to work around the clock without complaint

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach with regard to work-life balance: don't expect your employees to work around the clock and not get burned out

Other Employee Reviews for Lenovo

"3rd round of layoffs in 5 months in US - Welcome to poor morale and lack of job security"

Current Employee - Director of Keeping the Job in Morrisville, NC
    Current Employee - Director of Keeping the Job in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at Lenovo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay, multi-country experience. The biggest pro is that I still have a job. Looks like time to add a skill to resume: Survival: survived 1x layoffs in x years. Also pro for other companies who will see an opportunity to hire some great talent who will not be waiting for their name to be called and proactively will search for outside opportunities. Find us on linkedin as we are ready to leave.

Cons

Layoffs, layoffs, layoffs. In the past Lenovo seen a re-org and a layoff once a year. This year Chinese went crazy and this week we had 3rd round of layoffs within 5 months and move of jobs to China. Moving jobs to low-cost jurisdiction is understandable, but doing layoffs multiple times a year is just bad for morale and retention of talent.

Advice to Management

Management doesn't read reviews on here, so why bother.

"Zero Job Security"

I worked at Lenovo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with, fun environment, casual dress, good work-life balance

Cons

Absolutely no job security. If you think you're safe, you're not. Termination can, and will, come at any time. Source: Laid off out of no where, with no warning, after two years of full time employment.