LensCrafters - Great place to work | Glassdoor

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Lab Technician
Current Employee - Lab Technician

I have been working at LensCrafters part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My bosses are very flexible on my schedule. I am a full time students so I only have time to work on the weekends. All my co-workers are very friendly and fun to work with. Pay for me was a big step up from my previous fast food job. As of Jan 1, 2014 they changed the incentives program. I started in early December so I can't really say if the new incentives program gives more or less money in bonuses, but my co-workers say less. Working in the lab is fun. Most of the time its pretty laid back. There are slow days where I mostly clean up the lab. There are busy times though. The computer training was good. There is a lot of computer training but once I did it I felt really comfortable working in the lab.

Cons

I've been at LC for about 4 months now. Just a few negative things I have noticed. The computer system is horrible. The computers constantly freeze and are non responsive. I can't even do my certification training because the computers are so bad. I don't get much recognition for working hard. My boss will tell me every once in a while. Not that big of a deal. I know I'm doing a good job even if no one tells me.

Advice to Management

Tell your employees they are doing a good job and reward them.

Other Employee Reviews for LensCrafters

1. "Fun Livid Environment"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Tuscaloosa, AL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Tuscaloosa, AL

I have been working at LensCrafters part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Helps trains me for my career when I graduate.

Cons

Sometimes can get very slow.

Advice to Management

Kepp up the good work

"Part-time Sales Associate at LensCrafters- helping people see better and making a good part-time income."

Current Employee - Eyewear Consultant in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Current Employee - Eyewear Consultant in Cherry Hill, NJ

I have been working at LensCrafters part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cutting edge technology, fashionable products, good training, flexible schedules.

Cons

Certain times of year become VERY busy, and we are not able to take time off for vacations. Occasionally, customers can be quite impatient and rude when thye forget we are dispensing medical equipment rather than selling them something more simple like a pair of shoes or a watch.

Advice to Management

I love that my store manager is a leader who works hard along side of us, not a boss barking out orders.