Leona Group - Life changing place to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Leona Group

"Life changing place to work"

Pros

If you really want to make a difference in the trenches of urban education this is the place to be. I love working here and have had every opportunity to advance professionally here. This company values innovation, creativity, hard work and real effort. Not everyone wants to work hard enough to be here and that's ok.

Cons

Education is a tough business in general right now. the traditional system is failing and funding is scarce. But Leona makes the best of it and is an inspiring place to be.

Other Employee Reviews for Leona Group

1. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Teacher Assistant
    Current Employee - Teacher Assistant

Pros

We are in tough times, and in spite of that, Leona Group schools still offer an excellent benefit package. I work with professionals who are dedicated to the students work as a team to get the job done.

Cons

The pay is not great, the salaries are lower than the public schools in our county, but the salary is higher than some counties north of us. If our school wasn't renting from an expensive office building, we would have higher salaries and more staff.

Advice to Management

Get us out of that office building so we can better serve our students.

"Communication gaps abound."

Pros

The Leona Group has a great benefit package equal to what you would receive in a traditional public education system (minus the retirement).

Cons

Communications between management and front line employees sparse at best. "Good Old Boys" mentality keeps company from removing problem employees even in the face of massive revenue loss.

Advice to Management

Create, document, and share standardized policies with employees at hire (also provide updates before they go into effect). Ensure that managers, including C level, are applying them equally among all subordinates.