Lerner, Sampson, & Rothfuss - Letting go of the wrong ones | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lerner, Sampson, & Rothfuss

"Letting go of the wrong ones"

Former Employee - Clerk in Cincinnati, OH
Former Employee - Clerk in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

The best thing about working with LSR was that I loved what I did. I worked very accurately and efficiently. I made sure all my work was completed on a daily basis and in a fair amount of time. I worked hard with other departments that my position needed me to work closely with. I loved the benefits and some of the people I worked with.

Cons

I literally hated this place. You weren’t shown any recognition for anything you did. You could come in and work from sun up to sun down and your raise and review never mentioned one thing about your hard work and dedication, but what it did say you was you are an asset to the firm which is quite funny since they let me go right after that. I believe this could be a great company if only Rick Rothfuss and Kirk Sampson knew what was going on behind closed doors. The management has no clue on what they are doing. Half of them don't even know the jobs that all of their employees do on a day to day basis. Do not be fooled by some of these people, they are like snakes in the grass or should I say the wolf in Little Red Riding Hood. They smile in your face while all along they are plotting to get rid of you.

Advice to Management

Words of advice from an employee who came in everyday and worked hard and did a job well and efficiently, you let go one of the best workers you had. The ones you need to get rid of are still there.

Other Employee Reviews for Lerner, Sampson, & Rothfuss

"Treated like Trash"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

I really liked my job, I did my work, I received good reviews, and I never called in sick. I was paid very well for the job I did. I was very happy in my current position.

Cons

LSR is going through a massive lay off right now. I was let go and while I was being told by Human Resources of my demise, my Manager and my Supervisor were packing up my desk. I had to wait in the lobby for them to bring down my several years of belongings. Then they dropped all my belongings in the lobby and walked away. It took two of them to bring all my stuff down, there was way to much for me to carry by myself and I had no way home. I didn't drive and my bus wasn't running for a few more hours. I did nothing wrong, I was let go due to lack of work. I do qualify for unemployment. So all you happy campers at LSR, take your belongings home, before they take you and your stuff out like the trash, no one is safe, your next.

Advice to Management

A word to the Human Resources office, and the Managers and Supervisors who are packing up their co-workers desks while they are being dismissed. The people you are taking out like the trash could easily be you. The less employees the less people are needed in Human Resources and management..

"Best thing to happen to me at this place was to quit"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

It was a pay check.

Cons

Where do a I start. A typical day starts at 8 am which is when you are expected to be at your desk ready and already working. However, your supervisor will stroll in 15 or more minutes later, only to then send an department wide email about how important it is to be at your desk and working on time. Forget about talking with your co-workers, there is strict silence. You could hear a pin drop or an ant fart it is so quiet. Lunch...well, if you are lucky enough to NOT be on mandatory OT you get an hour. AND NO MORE. Dont even think about having lunch with anyone outside your department either, that is not an option. The afternoon is quite similar to the morning. Be ready to play 20 questions if you get up from your desk for any reason, even to go to the restroom. Other things that warrant mentioning: If you want to get hired full time, forget it. They use the excuse of a "hiring freeze" which means they are too cheap to pay for benefits, holidays, and vacations. You get zero feedback from supervisors and management about being hired, or your job performance. Although, they are very quick to let the entire department know when you have screwed up, via email of course. Bottom line, this was one of the most poorly run places I have ever worked. The best part of my employment was when I didnt have to work there any longer.

Advice to Management

There is no leadership at Lerner, Sampson, and Rothfuss. They are all a bunch of followers using the excuse of "Management decisions" for all their actions, nobody wants to take responsibility. Its all a huge joke.