LesConcierges - LEFT JOB -- RECLAIMED SENSE OF WELL BEING | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for LesConcierges

"LEFT JOB -- RECLAIMED SENSE OF WELL BEING"

Former Employee - Corporate Concierge

Pros

Work Location - great shopping/dining area
Opportunity to be exposed to cultural diversity via clients and coworkers

Cons

Too many to list: from antiquated database program that fails constantly to micromanagement of staff. Aesthetics of interior office space more important to company than cumulative ergonomic efficiency of departments. Employee concerns vaguely addressed, if at all, via anonymous suggestion boxes. Discouraged and stressed out employees; high turn-over.

This job requires a good-standing relationship, not only with the manager (if possible) , but the doctor. The stress is a toll on the BP.

Other Employee Reviews for LesConcierges

"I've never regretted leaving Les Concierges"

I worked at LesConcierges full-time

Pros

Many coworkers are talented and fun. They are universally overworked and underappreciated. It's nice to be rewared with a bottle of champagne. But undergoing constant monitoring and recording and then told all about your shortcomings was dispiriting - especially since the company allows no time to fullfil customer requests. It's all about answering time.

Cons

Unrealistic expectations for client & customers. Software support & time management do not allow for responsible fulfillment of client requests.

Advice to Management

I think it's hopeless.

"Too many chiefs, FAR too few Indians for amount of work"

I worked at LesConcierges full-time

Pros

Great office, fun and passionate coworkers from all parts of the world who deliver excellent service. I made friendships that I have maintained and cherish.

Cons

Management is constantly stressed due to certian accounts having an overwhelmingly amount of calls, which causes stress and low morale for certain teams. Some managers are great and some are a pain and micromanaging. Many concierges working several rival accounts at once, and when the corporate reps from these companies enter the office, the concierges are forced to hide their work material for the other accounts, and basically be dishonest. When the reps leave, it was back to working like a slave, and that really bothered me as we were not compensated for the extra work. HIGH turnover. People burnt out.

Advice to Management

Hire more people, and if you want your employees to work more accounts, PAY them and recognize them, and I'm not tlaing about just saying "Great Job," all the time.