LesConcierges - LEFT JOB -- RECLAIMED SENSE OF WELL BEING | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for LesConcierges

"LEFT JOB -- RECLAIMED SENSE OF WELL BEING"

Former Employee - Corporate Concierge
Former Employee - Corporate Concierge

Pros

Work Location - great shopping/dining area
Opportunity to be exposed to cultural diversity via clients and coworkers

Cons

Too many to list: from antiquated database program that fails constantly to micromanagement of staff. Aesthetics of interior office space more important to company than cumulative ergonomic efficiency of departments. Employee concerns vaguely addressed, if at all, via anonymous suggestion boxes. Discouraged and stressed out employees; high turn-over.

This job requires a good-standing relationship, not only with the manager (if possible) , but the doctor. The stress is a toll on the BP.

Other Employee Reviews for LesConcierges

"I've never regretted leaving Les Concierges"

I worked at LesConcierges full-time

Pros

Many coworkers are talented and fun. They are universally overworked and underappreciated. It's nice to be rewared with a bottle of champagne. But undergoing constant monitoring and recording and then told all about your shortcomings was dispiriting - especially since the company allows no time to fullfil customer requests. It's all about answering time.

Cons

Unrealistic expectations for client & customers. Software support & time management do not allow for responsible fulfillment of client requests.

Advice to Management

I think it's hopeless.

"I should have stayed in school - my parents warned me about jobs like this."

Current Employee - Corporate Concierge in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Corporate Concierge in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LesConcierges full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay seemed ok (see below) and the location is neat. If you can afford it, there are lots of great restaurants nearby and a lot of bars ... which you will need to drown your sorrows. If you are in the upper ranks you will get to party a lot and not really do much (STAY IN SCHOOL, KIDS!!)

Cons

Pay was good, so I thought, but then I started doing the job - awful. Management is often abusive, several employees come to work high and some of the mangers stagger in hungover with some regularity. The "SmartAgent" application is terrible, the helpdesk tries to deal with it best they can but they are just as helpless in fixing the problems as we are. The IT manager is quite showy and loves to throw out fluff but doesn't really seem to know what is going on and relies on surveys which are manipulated to show how things are getting better. Bottom line, the application is horrible to use and no ammount of free backrubs is going to fix it. The company always feels like they are on the verge of collapse - the senior management lives in an ivory tower and seem to have no value for anyone not wearing a 1000$ suit. My coworkers toil like slaves in the bowels of a ship just waiting for the oppoorunity to jump escape.

I should have stayed in school - then I wouldn't have to work in this terrible place.

LesConcierges Response

Aug 21, 2013 – Head of Employee Engagement

Thank you for taking the time to review LesConcierges. As a current employee we urge you to speak with HR if you feel that inappropriate or unprofessional behavior has occurred. We do not condone... More