LesConcierges - Do Not Accept a Job Here Unless it is your Only Hope | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for LesConcierges

"Do Not Accept a Job Here Unless it is your Only Hope"

Former Employee - Corporate Concierge in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Corporate Concierge in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LesConcierges full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coworkers are fantastic! Interesting people, friendly & helpful. It is a good thing they are helpful because the training is pathetic. The office looks nice the first time or two you see it. You'll learn about cool places. (but won't ever get to go there while you are working here).

Cons

It took me more than 4 months after leaving here to write this review cause I was so bitter and burnt out and I want to be realistic. Talking with other people who left around the same time on Facebook I realized we all felt the same way and I wanted to contribute something to steer people way from this pitfall. It LOOKS good. They TALK a good game. They even say it's "not your typical call center" as they guide you around the building. The reality is awful, just awful.

The long term employees are bitter and just playing the games to get the QA scores they need to keep people off they're backs. QA is ridiculous, I'm not even going to waste time talking about how useless their "new improved" system is. You will be held to arbitrary, ever changing standards even as the calls keep coming in. They talk about "white glove service" but that's really not what happens, they don't have enough staff to make that work. They seem to spend a lot of time getting people in the door then make them miserable until they leave.

What do I miss least? Horrible supervisors with no management experience. Total lack of support when customers are upset. Constantly being asked to do more with no extra perks or rewards (if you last here a year you are basically senior staff!!!!). And the stress of little to no time off (realistically impossible, every one calls in sick to go on vacation, wink wink).

About some of the other reviews on this site: be very wary of any reviews that mention the great work of the HR department - any one who has ever worked here knows this is not true. And why are all the good reviews anonymous?

Advice to Management

Where to start? Treat your employees like human beings. You hired them because they are exciting people and then you squeeze the life out of them. There is one trainer, Justin, who really taught people how to sound great on the phone and to have some style. He is the only reason I lasted there at all. The other trainers are useless. The HR department is clueless and out of touch, they only cater to the needs to the management employees and ignore/harass the worker bees. And taking a survey and another survey and another survey is frustrating and made me feel crazy for even thinking all this talk about change was anything more than talk. Stop sending out surveys. Listen to the people who really do the work and answer the phones. And stop basing everyone's workday on the worst software I have ever seen. I wish you well cause you gave me a job when they were hard to find. But you treated me like replaceable, breakable object and I had to leave.

Other Employee Reviews for LesConcierges

"I should have stayed in school - my parents warned me about jobs like this."

Current Employee - Corporate Concierge in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Corporate Concierge in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LesConcierges full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay seemed ok (see below) and the location is neat. If you can afford it, there are lots of great restaurants nearby and a lot of bars ... which you will need to drown your sorrows. If you are in the upper ranks you will get to party a lot and not really do much (STAY IN SCHOOL, KIDS!!)

Cons

Pay was good, so I thought, but then I started doing the job - awful. Management is often abusive, several employees come to work high and some of the mangers stagger in hungover with some regularity. The "SmartAgent" application is terrible, the helpdesk tries to deal with it best they can but they are just as helpless in fixing the problems as we are. The IT manager is quite showy and loves to throw out fluff but doesn't really seem to know what is going on and relies on surveys which are manipulated to show how things are getting better. Bottom line, the application is horrible to use and no ammount of free backrubs is going to fix it. The company always feels like they are on the verge of collapse - the senior management lives in an ivory tower and seem to have no value for anyone not wearing a 1000$ suit. My coworkers toil like slaves in the bowels of a ship just waiting for the oppoorunity to jump escape.

I should have stayed in school - then I wouldn't have to work in this terrible place.

LesConcierges Response

Aug 21, 2013 – Head of Employee Engagement

Thank you for taking the time to review LesConcierges. As a current employee we urge you to speak with HR if you feel that inappropriate or unprofessional behavior has occurred. We do not condone... More

"Toxic environment with a capital T."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LesConcierges full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's a job. It's close to Union Square. Office has windows.

Cons

Cronyism, favoritism, elitism, unprofessional, the list is almost endless. Middle managers who act like a clique out of Mean Girls (the Plastics?). You are not worthy of their time. Middle managers who regularly speak down to or chastise their employees in public. No one there seems to know the meaning of the word professionalism. You will only be promoted if you're in with the "plastics." Doesn't matter if you get high at work, show up mildly drunk or worse, if you're in with the four or five "managers" you'll get promoted even if there isn't a position open or existing.

No raises, absolutely no communication from anyone to anyone, huge divide between what they think concierges do and what the concierges actually do, no standard policies, no support for the working staff. And a very unethical environment.

Concierge work in teams for certain companies but told that they cannot work on different accounts because of contractual obligations. However this is contradicted when the concierge are asked to work on different accounts, then asked to hide all evidence when the account managers of each account do their rounds of the office.

The M.O. of the company seems to be turn and burn rather than retain the good, hard working, intelligent workers who will question your policies occasionally and have opinions to better their working environment. The company seems to prefer yes men and women. And god forbid you have an opinion about something. You'll be ostracized so quickly by these "managers' that you won't know what hit you.

Oh and the concierge cannot print anything out. Any time any document needs to be printed, only a "manager" can print it out. That's if you can find one.

Advice to Management

Get rid of your entire middle and upper management team and start fresh with a new attitude and drive. Then hire leaders and motivators rather than promote favorites to "management" who are dragging the company and employee morale down. Management will not see it but these people are sucking the company dry with their elitism, unethical, and vindictive behavior. And for heavens sake, let them print.

LesConcierges Response

Aug 21, 2013 – Head of Employee Engagement

Thank you for taking the time to review LesConcierges. It is clear that you are frustrated with your work environment. We have had several changes to management and implemented new policies and... More