LesConcierges - All Dress and No Knickers | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for LesConcierges

"All Dress and No Knickers"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LesConcierges full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Location, location, location. A Maiden Lane address just off of San Francisco's Union Square. Interviews are held in the conference room of the flashy executive level. The pros of this place are the concierges. The benefits are good by market standards if one is eligible for them. Numerous talented, bright, high-spirited, ambitious young people see this as a great starting place for a blossoming career. The initial training is adequate, but it's also where the smoke and mirrors are introduced. The senior executives are masters of deception and exploitation. The folks working outside of the "executive suite" are among the brightest, kindest, well-intended people I've ever met. Sadly, one learns the camaraderie among the ranks is a Stockholm Syndrome-like relationship for having endured the same toxic torture. The thinly veiled disdain senior executives have for one another is only eclipsed by their passion for living the life of the rich and famous at the expense of their (dwindling) clients and exploited employees. On the few occasions I walked through the executive area, there was no glance of acknowledgment, no glimmer of a smile - only a curious grimace of who let you in here. There were some strong managers in the past, but anyone worthwhile is long gone. The mid-level managers are the product of no management training, no mentorship, and no acknowledgment whatsoever on a job well done. Last year at a town hall meeting, we were told senior management was "working" with Glassdoor to improve the company's reputation in the market.

Cons

A lot of bright, talented, ambitious, people walk into this place thinking it's too good to be true. It is. Six months, a year, two years later, they walk out feeling shell-shocked, demoralized, cynical, bitter, violated and grateful. Business decisions are based solely on emotions and favoritism. One's performance and contribution to the business has little to no effect on job security, upward mobility. Cronyism, favoritism and nepotism abound. People are literally pitted against one another, creating an environment of paranoia, insecurity and unease. The most satisfying part of your day is walking out the door at the end of a shift knowing at least part of your day won't be spent there.

Advice to Management

Would be like telling the Captain of the Titanic to take a hard turn starboard. It's curious, why is the CEO & President not isn't listed here as the CEO? but rather, two of his subordinates? Standby, I'm sure the Employee Engagement Manager has a meaningful answer.

Other Employee Reviews for LesConcierges

"A Game of Chess. Slave shop! Warning! Do not work here! You will be sorry!!!!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at LesConcierges (Less than a year)

Pros

The concierges are fun to work with. They are the reason why I stayed with the company so long. (I hope more take this step to disclose this awful place on glass door) Making clients happy.

Cons

I am surprised that more people have not complained on glass door about their job here! Where do I begin? Well, when starting out with the company, we all had high hopes even though we noticed the negative reviews on this page. We started out with many in a new office and after approximately seven months after training, over half are gone. Most of them got fired and the others simply left without looking back. There are many lies in regards to the stability of the job. Many get told they are wanted and are doing a great job (safe ), however , they get fired. We literally walk on hot coals the entire time. They fire at least one person per week! No body feels like they are appreciated and the people who currently work there pray for the day when they find another job in order to get out of the hell hole. Too much stress! No sense of direction! Terrible training and then they blame you for something that goes wrong that you have not been taught! Call centers are in competition with each other! Too much favoritism in one particular call center! Unfair practices! Too many head games! Lots of gossip. Stay away! Most people wished they had!!!!!!! Please trust me or you will be sorry. Gloomy place!!!!!

Advice to Management

Make all the call centers the same playing field. Do not lie to employees! Please make ways for all call centers to have fun! Help the employees to feel like they are working in a stable environment.

"Why doesn't anyone listen to the little guy?"

I have been working at LesConcierges full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice pay, benefits, 401K, friendly staff

Cons

Terrible management, no communication, upper management lies to clients, knee-jerk reactions, too many chiefs and not enough Indians

Advice to Management

Fire every manager and start fresh. Listen to the concierge who are actually taking the calls and understand what the clients really want.