LesConcierges - LesConcierges constantly evolving, good place for right person | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for LesConcierges

"LesConcierges constantly evolving, good place for right person"

Current Employee - Corporate Concierge in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Corporate Concierge in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LesConcierges full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

lively workplace culture with wide range of creative as well as corporate types
cooperative work environment
in global growth phase
quality client list
commuter's ease to Union Square location
immediate and generous benefits upon hiring (no 90 day wait period)
access to LC/city/regional hospitality industry events & experiences
spacious desks, natural lighting, windows that open, snacks and beverages provided
specialty teams for travel and tickets
some advancement opportunities
informative training seminars and client in-house visits
constantly changing business environment
open communication

Cons

vacation time could be increased
24/7 operation means working some eves or weekends, and holidays
some managers lack vision/expertise
need for staffing results in some poor hires
some internal communication issues
favoritism
IT dept needs beefing up

Advice to Management

Bring in consultants to observe and make recommendations in management style/team
Create peer reviews for staff and for managers
Recognize and channel talents/energies of staff
Leadership and communication seminars benefit everyone and should be required of managers

Other Employee Reviews for LesConcierges

"Reply to March 3rd 2014 post"

Pros

Location, select group of people who had integrity,

Cons

Speaking out when things are not right

Advice to Management

More than one person has gone to HR and to TRInet related to questionable practices related to diversity. People talk - and when no subsequent action takes place it is hard to believe commitment. Putting money into PRIDE is different than establishing a culture that values diversity of thought , lifestyle and approach. When you hear senior management say "I need to put on my heels because certain senior manager thinks I look like a dyke in flats" and this is heard by more than one person, as well as sundry other actions or statements that get stated in sr management meetings where no one stands up- and if you do you are pushed out-it is hard to trust there is commitment to change a blame/favoritism culture.

I wish company well. I learned what I needed about my own values about trust and integrity. Culture is far more than words. It is daily actions from the top. It is tough work. And it all starts with trust, something that was sorely lacking when I was there. I know this is challenging when resources are tight but I also know you've hired dozens of people over the years and stated you wanted to change this, yet actions appear to continue to diminish your intent. Challenge Yourselves to get at root cause . Every conversation I tried to be part of or initiate on this didn't get the right top leadership support and at times I seriously felt like leadership was working against me. I take accountability for my part and I wish I could have had the right leadership support to be successful.

There have been many great people who have worked there and many who are still there. Culture is more than words and coffee carts!

"Absolutely Incompetent and Clueless"

Former Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LesConcierges full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits package is ok, but most of that money comes right out of your check. The company doesn't contribute very much for your benefits, at all. If you have a family or you're concerned about health benefits, you'd probably be better off elsewhere for a health plan. I suppose at least they offer one.

There are snacks, open windows, and some people are cool yet everyone is stressed out and the morale is in the toilet due to high turnover and very poor decisions made from the very top.

People are promoted, sure, but typically they are in positions that are a lateral move and not one that causes great influence to the company's bottom line. You'll end up spinning your wheels with the same dream and desire MANY people before you have had wishing you could change the company for the better but, it's all for not because all decisions rest with one person and one person only. Note: She didn't send you a Christmas card.

Cons

I think that any reasonable person can easily see through the smoke and mirrors maybe less for candidates but those that have lived through LC understand what that means. While "positive" reviews are placed into Glassdoor it is clear that those reviews are usually damage control for a PR situation that has become completely unhinged long ago. To be frank, the management team can't seem to muster the ability to do things right and instead aim to patch and band-aid things, pretending, and living in a fantasy land.

The change in management within this company is horrific and catastrophic without any real plan. If you would take the time to examine the history and average tenure of people on the management team (excluding the Chairman, of course) you'd be shocked to learn just how many people have had a very brief stay with LC at the C-Suite. This is a huge sign that things within the senior leadership team are unstable at best and certainly not beneficial to a long term and healthy career within LC itself. Placing people in charge who have no proven or established leadership experience of a company of this size is deplorable and a sign that the company is headed straight for an iceberg with no one at the helm to stop it.

Concierges and those that choose to stay do so out of necessity because many of them have no choice or are supporting a family. Management is fully aware of that handicap. People who join full of life and excited are soon replaced with feelings of despair and sadness. I've seen the place suck the life out of people and this includes people who have left the company with health ailments due to stress and being taxed with the burden of handling the jobs of several people. There are teams that have excessively high turnover and that causes a tremendous amount of stress, morale problems, and certainly everyone having to scramble at the last minute to barely cover what is needed.

I could go on and on and on and on. There are things I can't say here too because they would be deemed sensitive to the company's business. However, I can assure you that it took me around six months or more to fully recover from my LC experience as an employee. I would hope to never allow another person to have to go through what I and many people have already experienced. To say the company and their treatment of people is horrible is an understatement. I'm so ashamed I don't even want to include LC on my resume.

Any time you have a company that has an EXCESSIVE turnover, it is never the employees that are the issue. It's the leadership. Don't believe for a second that they have a clue on how to properly run a professional company.

Advice to Management

You've had survey after survey...with little to no action.
    You've had a team of employees band together into a task force, with little effect.
    You've had people tell you to your face in writing and in person how horrible things are and even recommendations for improvement which fall on deaf ears.
    You've had years to correct the wrongs and certainly a change in leadership means nothing since those people have very little power, it's all controlled from one person.
    So there is no advice from this review. You've had PLENTY of advice without taking any of it. You've made it clear that you're going to do what you want to do and people better just "get used to it or leave".