Level 3 Communications - Great Company...for now. | Glassdoor

"Great Company...for now."

Former Employee - Senior Sales Engineer in Broomfield, CO
Former Employee - Senior Sales Engineer in Broomfield, CO

Pros

You get to learn everything from optical technologies to IP based services. The way employees pull together and support each other is unlike any other telecom company.

Cons

There is a complacent attitude of just treading water that starts at senior management. Now that the network is built the senior management doesn't know what to do now.
Warning to anyone on commission; If you pass 100% expect your quota to be raised - retroactively. Level 3 does not like to pay out for success. Just maintain 80% - 90%.

Advice to Management

Give someone else a shot who actually wants to run the company and build for the future instead of the "flip"

Other Employee Reviews for Level 3 Communications

"Bubble burst"

Current Employee - Director in Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Director in Broomfield, CO

Pros

Working with young, smart people up until they realize it's a career landfill.

Cons

Insecure and insular senior leadership. Business models that aren't going anywhere.

Advice to Management

Level with the employees, dump debt via CHPT 11 restructuring, stop trying to spin the situation (modest or no growth, untenable business lines, still carrying too much debt) and actually listen to what employees are saying

"Generally good, but leadership seems to care more about themselves that those who work for them."

Current Employee - Technician in Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Technician in Broomfield, CO

Pros

Salary and benefit package is better than average. Flexible work schedules. I think the company is going in the right direction.

Cons

Respect and trust are out the window, I suspect due to the actions of a few.

Advice to Management

Regular team meetings whether we need it or not - just to talk. Involve us more in deciding how the shop is run - we have ideas too. I like free pizza, but I'd give that up if you'd just listen to what I have to say.