Level 3 Communications - Great Benefits, Unreasonable Expectations | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Level 3 Communications

"Great Benefits, Unreasonable Expectations"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Level 3 Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits are good. Deductibles are low, work out at work. People are great, for the most part.

Cons

The new program of bringing in people through the academy is not well thought out. Training once you're in rotation is slim and you have to pick things up on your own. Not exactly a recipe for success.

Advice to Management

Train people better. The academy is a good idea, but training people for the position they are moving into in a deeper way is much more important. Especially when you're bringing in people who have never worked a day in the telcom industry.

Other Employee Reviews for Level 3 Communications

1. "good experience just a bit short"

Former Employee - Senior Sales Engineer III Large Enterprise in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Engineer III Large Enterprise in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Level 3 Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great training forward thinking solutions

Cons

lack of hands on assistance with internal programs

Advice to Management

allow time to transition in new employees through complete process

"Former GC Employee, ..many good years but Level3 has no leadership. Totally lost."

I worked at Level 3 Communications full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Best part was the people that really became extended family. Pretty competative salary which raised my kids, paid for my home, and financed a good part of my retirement. Thank you...always! Challenging job with freedom to make decisions...just no funds to execute.

Cons

No leadership. I just don't understand how people at the upper level can get away with mismangement for so long. Doesn't the board see whats happening. Not sure how some things can be done so well, (Data Centers, Clearly high profile accounts like all the sports), at the company but run so disfunctional in other areas. Not good work-life balance.....mostly because of the incredible workload and stress. Pulled in 20 directions at once....all the time....again, terrible management. I had a good boss though...:)....that person just couldn't get many things accomplished because the political network wouldn't allow it.

Advice to Management

Get some. I think the company can be salvaged....just needs a leader who will listen, trust, and be held accountable. Sad thing is...they either will never see any of this or won't get it if they do.

The best executive is the one who has sense enough to pick good men to do what he wants done, and self-restraint to keep from meddling with them while they do it.
    Theodore Roosevelt