Levi Strauss - Great focus on product, but needing some direction and clarity | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Levi Strauss

"Great focus on product, but needing some direction and clarity"

Current Employee - Merchant in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Merchant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Levi Strauss full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is great focus on product here and you can gain a lot of knowledge on product. Retail is a great place to be in particular, where there has been growth focus for the past few years.

Cons

There has been a lot of leadership changes, which has created new organizational structures and company focuses/strategies almost every 6 months. Supply Planning is the weakest portion of the Supply Chain, and vendors walk all over us very easily.

Advice to Management

I would pick a strategy and stick with it, for some overall clarity to employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Levi Strauss

1. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Boise, ID

I have been working at Levi Strauss part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I had an amazing team! The company is really focused on its employees and the customer experience. I absolutely loved my team and learned so many greats things from Levi's.

Cons

No cons. i was very happy with the company.

Advice to Management

Doing a great job!

"Hodge podge of cultures, don't like the company's direction? just wait 5 minutes"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Levi Strauss full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Commitment to community is sincere. Potential for advancement in the director level and above is very good. If a bell rang every time a new VP is named, you'd go mad after one day but come in as an individual contributor and look for a pink slip in the next re-alignment that is right around the corner.

Cons

The quality of the employees in technical areas is less than desirable. Company flounders in choosing a direction and making it work. Strong Peter Principle. Come in as an individual contributor and look for a pink slip in the next re-alignment that is right around the corner. And if you want a raise, the only way is to get promoted or get a counter offer when you resign.

Advice to Management

Get off the top floor occaisonally and learn about the company. Focus on the right people in the right spots.