Lexington Medical Center - Nurse Manager | Glassdoor

"Nurse Manager"

Current Employee - Nurse Manager in West Columbia, SC
Current Employee - Nurse Manager in West Columbia, SC

I have been working at Lexington Medical Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

LMC is a wonderful organization with gross opportunities and healthy financials. They care about their patients and their employees. Their HR department is professional, fair and engaged in employee and employee issues. It feels good to be a part of such a growing, community oriented organization.

The onsite daycare is amazing and was the initial reason i wanted to come to LMC.

Cons

Top management refuses to deal with poor performers, gross negligence or sheer incompetence. With the job market the way it is, tenure should mean nothing when people are lazy and/or incompetent. Audits and visibility to real issue are difficult to pinpoint, but even when they are voiced, and proven true, nothing is done about it. Unfortunately, this creates unnecessary frustration and takes away from us caring completely for our patients.

Advice to Management

Senior management needs to get out of their office and interact with the employees - walk the floors, engage in conversation (with employees not just visitors), join in on staff meetings and help lead this fiscally strong organization. We all want to feel needed and appreciated, and while raises and bonuses are wonderful, recognition for a good job goes a long way. Sr. management is known for being bullies, which is futile and uncalled for.

Senior management also needs to establish some corporate goals and articulate them to all of us employees. We want to help and feel that our efforts are purposed and focused on the right priorities, but few (if any) know what those should be (corporately, that is).

Other Employee Reviews for Lexington Medical Center

"So far, the workplace environment seems very friendly and professional."

Current Employee - Revenue Cycle Associate in West Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Revenue Cycle Associate in West Columbia, SC

I have been working at Lexington Medical Center full-time

Pros

Large organization, seems like a lot of room for advancement.

Cons

I have not experienced any problems so far, but I have only just been hired.

"It's ok..."

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in West Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in West Columbia, SC

I have been working at Lexington Medical Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, pay is somewhat decent but they need to revamp the pay scale.

Cons

If your not a VP or someone high on the food chain, your nothing to the company. Way too political. The management doesn't really care what you contribute. If you make the wrong person mad, watch your back. Employees are not treated equal, salary and hourly employees are treated very different. Promotions only come to those who know someone, so if you intend to move up in this organization better learn how to brown nose!

Advice to Management

Realize that your employees - the ones you walk on everyday- are the ones who make this company successful. Start paying your employees -the ones who really do the work- what they're really worth.