LexisNexis Legal & Professional - Great company with very good benefits and solid upper management | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for LexisNexis Legal & Professional

"Great company with very good benefits and solid upper management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at LexisNexis Legal & Professional full-time

Pros

Management was fair and open-minded. Very comfortable, corporate work environment. Paid time off policy where your allotted days off were lumped together so that you can decide how you want to use your vacation/sick/personal days. Good health/retirement benefits. Friendly and fair upper management. I wasn't "micro-managed" which is a big plus.

Cons

Salary was on the low end for position. Raises/bonuses were meager for department.

Other Employee Reviews for LexisNexis Legal & Professional

1. "Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Manager in Dayton, OH

I have been working at LexisNexis Legal & Professional full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Focus of leadership, clear direction, employee focus. I appreciate knowing what is expected of me and my team, and I appreciate being given the tools to meet those expectations.

Cons

Long term employees do not seem to appreciate the change in direction of the company and are hesitant to support management.

Advice to Management

Continue to share vision with those you lead.

"Good job for the unambitious who don't mind losing regularly to Westlaw"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Dayton, OH

I have been working at LexisNexis Legal & Professional full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great for the unambitious! A lot of mom's can stay at home and "get by" with minimal effort for many years with this job.

Cons

Lexis is proud to state they are a sales organization but forget to tell you how unethical the environment is while you are selling. They have an 800 number for their employees to use to rat on other employees for unethical behavior. Some employees have used it to blindside their fellow employees for personal gain with false accusations. It's a cesspool and their HR/Compliance folks revel in it. They have a revolving door of great talent who learn what it's like to work for a 2nd place company who never seems to get close to being number one, despite their competitor (Westlaw) doing everything possible to get rid of their customers. There is a saying among the sales folks, "at Lexis, it's 80% about the numbers and the other 20% you tell them what they want to hear." That will get you by for a long time.

Advice to Management

It's more than the numbers folks. If you truly want to finally beat Westlaw, find, keep and reward the talent that have proven they can do it.