LexisNexis Legal & Professional - Average 9-5 company | Glassdoor

"Average 9-5 company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (More than 3 years)

Pros

central location, nice co-workers, not much overtime, opportunities to volunteer in lots of fundraising activities, great work from home and flexible working hour options

Cons

company has no clear direction, not sure what the future holds, no career progression, poor salaries and benefits, difficult to get useful training and development.

Advice to Management

more effective and clear communication of messages, particularly around the future of the company

Other Employee Reviews for LexisNexis Legal & Professional

1. "A company that is in transition"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at LexisNexis Legal & Professional as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

LexisNexis has a team of dedicated staff who feel a strong commitment to their clients and to delivering best in class products and services.

Cons

Too much focus on shareholder value and not enough on customer satisfaction, which unfortunately places the emphasis on making short term, financially driven business decisions rather than solid strategic decisions.

Advice to Management

Shift the focus to ensuring customers are getting quality, innovative products. That will motivate staff while delivering long term shareholder value.

2. "Friendly, professional and enjoyable"

Current Employee - Editor in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Editor in London, England (UK)

I have been working at LexisNexis Legal & Professional full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of the best things about working for this company so far is the staff. Everyone on my floor that I've encountered has been very friendly. My manager has been one of the best managers I've ever had and has supported me from day one - there is nothing that I don't feel like I can talk to her about. There is a good range of benefits including pension, life cover and flexible working hours (which make all the difference on those days you can't quite make it out of bed on time!) A great work/life balance, even in the more senior positions it seems. A great working atmosphere all-round with a decent salary.

Cons

Not so much a con but I have heard from people who have spent years in the same department that it is very easy to remain "comfortable" and not progress; although this may be down to the individual more than anything else. Also, there could be a better company bonus scheme.