LexisNexis Risk Solutions - Good benefits, stressful work environment | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for LexisNexis Risk Solutions

"Good benefits, stressful work environment"

Current Employee - Manager in Alpharetta, GA
Current Employee - Manager in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at LexisNexis Risk Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

PTO days are very generous, RE Cares days to volunteer are great if you volunteer frequently, quite a few perks for employees, telework opportunities.

Cons

Senior level management is horribly disrespectful to Directors in front of subordinates. I have been in management positions for over 10 years and I have never seen this much disrespect of staff members before. Obviously, no one taught the top decision makes to praise in public and scold in private.

Managers tend to take on projects and push work down to the grunts, and then complain when it doesn't get done - typical traits of poor leadership. Processes that you would think would be in place for such a large company are not, making simple tasks take forever, thus angering upper management about not meetind deadlines.

Too many 'fire drills' for Senior Level Management - the things people worry about sometimes are crazy! Instead of spending time on things that really help customers or promote our company to potential customers, managers are more concerned about making their team look better than other teams. Team communications to staff take piority over work that benefits our customer. Ridiculous when you consider that one of our biggest competitors is undercutting our prices and causing us to lose business and revenue!

High turn over in several verticals. It seems that every few months, another Director is leaving, either for another company, or to go to Reed Elsevier. Its actually pretty surprising how short employees' tenures are with this company.

The company is very Risk averse. They want to try new things that are safe and don't cost anything. Getting additional headcount is almost impossible, pushing more work down on the grunts and worker bees.

Advice to Management

Simple: teach senior level managers that respect and leadership will give them loyal employees who WANT to do more and who will stay with the company.

Other Employee Reviews for LexisNexis Risk Solutions

1. "Working with a great background checking company"

Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Charlotte, NC

I worked at LexisNexis Risk Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Management was fair in treating all their employees well. Everyone is important to the job and management would treat employees fairly and honestly. Customer service was taken very strictly and training of employees to meet the high expectations was an ongoing job in itself.

Cons

With the impending transition towards using corporate's software rather than our existing base code, our older projects were being replaced and need for that support caused job eliminations to occur. Once transition began, our office received more work yet processing that work only would be handled by the corporate program so there was not much our team had to work on.

"? Preferred Employer?"

Former Employee - Director in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Director in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at LexisNexis Risk Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Does a good job of looking for new employees; has large internal recruiting department that stays busy. Solid on-boarding process. Allows time for training.

Cons

Not a "Preferred Employer" in the Alpharetta or North Atlanta area. Best employees have departed, candidates seem to be choosing other companies.

Advice to Management

Focus resources on high turnover by emphasizing company's good location.