Lexmark International - Good for engineers, bad for marketers | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lexmark International

"Good for engineers, bad for marketers"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Lexington, KY
Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Lexington, KY

Pros

Low cost of living, good pay and decent benefits.

Cons

Competing on price alone, not a marketing but an engineering-driven orgnization.

Advice to Management

Bring in a new leadership team.

Other Employee Reviews for Lexmark International

1. "good job"

Former Employee - Maintenance Technician
    Former Employee - Maintenance Technician

Pros

Good place to start a career. Benefits and salary were competative. Safety was always stressed. This was a good company to me.

Cons

A lot of seniority which could at times stifle career advancement. Some 1st level management was poorly trained and lacked leadership skills

Advice to Management

it would be beneficial to provide better communication to and from employees and management. In need of better team building.

2. "Contractors treated as disposable"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Lexington, KY
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Lexington, KY

Pros

Great place to work overall. Laid back atmosphere, as long as you know your job. Plenty of personal time off when needed. Tools to do the job readily available. I miss it.

Cons

Contractors are kept LONG term (10 years for me) and still treated like outsiders, except when it's time for management to place blame. I spent many years tracking down and correcting mistakes made by offshored testers in India and Cebu, only to see my job offshored to those very people. And, contrary to what others may say - most contractors I worked with took tremendous pride in their work and did their best to make sure it was done right, even if it took extra time. Go to Lexmark on any given evening and look who's working overtime. Contractors. American workers.

I took great pride in the work I did at Lexmark (my 100 mile daily commute speaks for itself) and was sorry to see that things have taken a turn for the worst there.

Advice to Management

The brain drain has begun in earnest. Lexmark is throwing away talent, offshoring folks who had years of experience in a feeble attempt to right a sinking ship.