Employee Review

Current Employee, less than 1 year

So Far, So Good!

Jul 11, 2019 - Graphic Designer/Production Artist
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have to say that my position with Liaison is pretty great. I really enjoy working with the team at the company I was placed with, the work is sufficiently challenging without feeling overwhelming, and the flexibility of working from home has been a tremendous benefit for me at this point in my life. Despite other reviewer's complaints (including my own, below) about the insurance situation, it's worth noting that Liaison also offers optional dental and vision packages, life insurance, paid leave, 401k options, and flexible holiday hours (for example, as long as your supervisor allows, you could work Labor Day and use those holiday hours to take the day off for your birthday instead). And, having worked for other staffing agencies, most of them don't offer a 100% paid option of ANY kind, so hey -- it ain't perfect, but you're truly not going to find a better offer with a similar company. A lot of companies seem to ignore Glassdoor (if they are aware of it at all), and I have relied on it extensively for my last few job searches -- there have been more than a few job postings I didn't even bother applying for because of poor reviews here! But if you're reading this review, and others for Liaison, you know that they are very engaged and have written responses to many of the reviewers here. Not only are they taking the time to do that, but it seems like they actually take the criticisms to heart and are actively striving to be a better company.

Cons

As other reviewers have said, yes, insurance is 100% paid, but coverage is not the best (a few buy-up options are available, but they're quite expensive). If you rarely/never visit the doctor, and don't have any prescriptions on a regular basis, you might be okay with it. This is the only reason I'm hesitant to give a full five-star overall rating. But, as noted above, the fact that there even IS a fully-paid option is pretty unique. Because Liaison is similar to a staffing agency, your options for advancement, promotion or raises are not always clear. Some of their people do get hired on by their clients, though there's no defined timeline or guarantee that will necessarily happen (I guess some clients do not hire outside the contract with Liaison, so just make sure you're clear about your assignment, and know what your long and short-term goals are before accepting the job). And I don't know if it's quite a con, but once you start your assignment with Liaison, your day-to-day contact will be exclusively with the team at whatever company you end up working with. Liaison is not going to be checking-in/following up with you very often (and they are clear about this fact when you're brought on board). Which, if you want to be left alone and do the job you were hired to do without a regular "So, how's it going?" conversation, this is a perfect arrangement. But if you crave regular feedback or ongoing coaching of some kind, just know that it won't come from Liaison.

Continue reading

Liaison Creative + Marketing Response

VP of HR

We appreciate your honest feedback. Based on the request from you and multiple others we will be looking at all insurance options when we renew benefits next year. All medical insurance is expensive these days, so we've tried to offer a basic plan for which we cover the full cost and a couple buy-up options for people who don't mind contributing to the cost for a more robust benefit. We hear you and will be asking for suggestions soon. Thank you for contributing to our team!

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Stellar people who really care!

Sep 15, 2021 - Graphic Designer in Saint Paul, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

The Liaison team are responsive, helpful, friendly, and are really great about getting you matched with a good team based on your skills and the needs of the organization you get placed with.

Cons

The only complaint would be that the benefits aren't top-tier, but the fact that there are any for a staffing-type agency like this (and I've worked for others) is pretty amazing.

Continue reading
  2. 4.0
    Current Employee

Short title

Sep 11, 2021 - Project Manager in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

The coworkers are nice to work with

Cons

I do not have any cons to add

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Liaison Creative + Marketing.