1. "So Far, So Good!"

4.0
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer/Production Artist

I have been working at Liaison Creative + Marketing full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have to say that my position with Liaison is pretty great. I really enjoy working with the team at the company I was placed with, the work is sufficiently challenging without feeling overwhelming, and the flexibility of working from home has been a tremendous benefit for me at this point in my life. Despite other reviewer's complaints (including my own, below) about the insurance situation, it's worth noting that Liaison also offers optional dental and vision packages, life insurance, paid leave, 401k options, and flexible holiday hours (for example, as long as your supervisor allows, you could work Labor Day and use those holiday hours to take the day off for your birthday instead). And, having worked for other staffing agencies, most of them don't offer a 100% paid option of ANY kind, so hey -- it ain't perfect, but you're truly not going to find a better offer with a similar company. A lot of companies seem to ignore Glassdoor (if they are aware of it at all), and I have relied on it extensively for my last few job searches -- there have been more than a few job postings I didn't even bother applying for because of poor reviews here! But if you're reading this review, and others for Liaison, you know that they are very engaged and have written responses to many of the reviewers here. Not only are they taking the time to do that, but it seems like they actually take the criticisms to heart and are actively striving to be a better company.

Cons

As other reviewers have said, yes, insurance is 100% paid, but coverage is not the best (a few buy-up options are available, but they're quite expensive). If you rarely/never visit the doctor, and don't have any prescriptions on a regular basis, you might be okay with it. This is the only reason I'm hesitant to give a full five-star overall rating. But, as noted above, the fact that there even IS a fully-paid option is pretty unique. Because Liaison is similar to a staffing agency, your options for advancement, promotion or raises are not always clear. Some of their people do get hired on by their clients, though there's no defined timeline or guarantee that will necessarily happen (I guess some clients do not hire outside the contract with Liaison, so just make sure you're clear about your assignment, and know what your long and short-term goals are before accepting the job). And I don't know if it's quite a con, but once you start your assignment with Liaison, your day-to-day contact will be exclusively with the team at whatever company you end up working with. Liaison is not going to be checking-in/following up with you very often (and they are clear about this fact when you're brought on board). Which, if you want to be left alone and do the job you were hired to do without a regular "So, how's it going?" conversation, this is a perfect arrangement. But if you crave regular feedback or ongoing coaching of some kind, just know that it won't come from Liaison.

Continue reading

Liaison Creative + Marketing Response

July 22, 2019VP of HR

We appreciate your honest feedback. Based on the request from you and multiple others we will be looking at all insurance options when we renew benefits next year. All medical insurance is expensive these days, so we've tried to offer a basic plan for which we cover the full cost and a couple buy-up options for people who don't mind contributing to the cost for a more robust benefit. We hear you and will be asking for suggestions soon. Thank you for contributing to our team!

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Fantastic Company to Work With"

5.0
    Current Contractor - ECommerce Project Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Liaison Creative + Marketing for less than a year

Pros

I started contracting off-site through Liaison about 8 months ago, and this was my first experience working as a contractor. This company made the experience fantastic from start to finish. The interview/onboarding process was very smooth and prompt, and the team had great communication. They've supported me with everything I needed as I've worked with them and were always friendly and accommodating. Their benefits are also great (PTO, 401K, etc) compared to other contracting companies. I would highly recommend working for Liaison.

Cons

Can't think of any real cons. Overall a great company and a great contracting experience.

Liaison Creative + Marketing Response

April 27, 2020VP of HR

Thank you for sharing your opinion and experience. The door is open to contact us if there is anything we can do for you or improve.

2. "great for people starting out"

2.0
    Former Employee - Marketing in Austin, TX

I worked at Liaison Creative + Marketing full-time for more than a year

Pros

good intentions and good for young people or people looking to gain experience

Cons

no conflict management skills and secretive

Continue reading

Discover more reviews about Liaison Creative + Marketing.