Liberty Mutual Insurance - Great place to start a career if you like selling insurance | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

"Great place to start a career if you like selling insurance"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Lexington, MA
Current Employee - Sales Representative in Lexington, MA

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good training program which includes a salary while you're training. Great brand name in Massachusetts.

Cons

The culture tends to lean toward middle age.

Advice to Management

Include more hands on training

Other Employee Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

"Not great !"

Current Employee - Senior Underwriter in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Underwriter in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits and salary are OK. Co-workers are professional and work together to get the job done. Good general market experience.

Cons

Constant re-organization; terrible managers who play favorites and could care less about their insureds/agents. Only interested in meeting pricing goals. Provide laptops only for overtime use - not for worklife balance. Don't plan on retiring from this company if you are over 40.

Advice to Management

Have a clue about what you want to sell - property? package? WC? Need to stair step price increases rather than gouge each year and be more customer focused. Need to actually underwrite rather than simply price to meet ever-changing pricing matrices. Need to be fair to all employees.

"As a new hire after college, I feel very privileged to be here and to meet some very wonderful people."

Current Employee - IT Analyst in Dover, NH
    Current Employee - IT Analyst in Dover, NH

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been employed for a year and I still love the corporate culture. Most people I have interacted with are bright, positive, and professional. I feel like I belong in a big team with the ease of building a strong work related-relationship. I was presented opportunities to work on big projects and I've had some of the best managers in my lifetime here. (I've heard there were bad managers too).

Cons

I do have one person that made my work environment uncomfortable.

Advice to Management

Keep doing a great job building relationships with people who report to you. I feel comfortable explaining new innovative ideas without an hesitation. I do not feel a strong hierarchy of rank. Present new opportunities when there are some.