Liberty Mutual Insurance - Solid Company | Glassdoor

"Solid Company"

Current Employee - Director in Weston, MA
Current Employee - Director in Weston, MA

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Location, compensation, growing, flexible time off, smart people

Cons

Only small circle of people who are promoted

Other Employee Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

"An Awesome Company to work for"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Round Rock, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Round Rock, TX

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Generous to their employees. Respectful, full benefits from DAY ONE!, pension, 401K.... The best trasining program I have ever been through. Once they make a hire, they provide all tools and more to succeed.

They are looking for high integrity and a strong independent work ethic. As well as a team player.

Cons

Have not found one yet

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

"Good for right now"

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pro education. Great tuition assistance for college/grad school courses and professional designations. Really good bonus program for insurance designations, especially the CPCU program

Good benefits. Pension plan and 401K matching, affordable healthcare with good coverage, decent bonus plan (when results are good)

Good management training

Cons

Policy on merit increases isn't the best. They claim to "pay for performance", but raises tend to be very small. They will pay to get you in the door, but once you're there they put on the breaks. If we have a good year, though, the bonus can make up for what's lacking in the raise department.

Lacking in development opportunities. It is very difficult to change your job grade or get promoted without job hopping, which I am not a huge fan of. I have been at Liberty over 5 years and in that time I have seen only 3 people receive promotions in my department.

Small workspaces. If you don't have an office, the spaces were small to begin with, and they're rolling out a new layout - even smaller desks - companywide. It's a big morale killer.

Communication between management and individual contributors could be better