Liberty Mutual Insurance - My Liberty Mutual experience | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

"My Liberty Mutual experience"

Former Employee - Claims Case Manager III in Weston, MA
Former Employee - Claims Case Manager III in Weston, MA

I worked at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A good company to work for, good compensation & benefits & a good group of people. The office building is convenient to 95 & The Mass Pike.

Cons

Management was too concerned about "the numbers" and not the hard work & dedication of many of it's employees. There were no department or company parties to boost morale.

Advice to Management

More individual recognition, more employee awards, more internal gatherings & boost morale...

Other Employee Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

"It has it's UPS and DOWNS."

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist
    Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pay for performance. Benefits day one. Tuition reimbursement program. Give with Liberty program (charities). Great people to work with. Excellent product to sell. Paid vacation. Decent work hours.

Cons

Having to say the same thing every single time the phone rings is annoying. We are not robots.
    Our phone reviews are done subjectively, not objectively. I think it's ridiculous that the time we spend on the phones with customers is actually a DETRIMENT. Speed does not mean quality Mr. Long.

Advice to Management

Drop Model Experience that is being enforced countrywide. It's a detriment to our consumers. As a matter of fact, I receive complaints on a DAILY basis by customers who just want to their customer service gal at their local sales office. Customers hate having to confirm the same information over and over again. We are a premier insurance company.....not like those other guys who sell internet insurance.

2. "Good pay, high stress, dirty insurance company"

Former Employee - Workers Compensation Claims Adjuster in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Workers Compensation Claims Adjuster in Columbus, OH

I worked at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good starting pay for recent graduates, fast advancement

Cons

High stress- there is never a single second where there isn't something that has to be done yesterday, the amount of work which you are expected to do in a single day is insane. If you take a day off or vacation, you have to work a ton of overtime to get caught up. It is a dirty insurance company (all of them are), you are expected to find ways to save money even if it means screwing over the customer.

Advice to Management

Hire more adjusters