Liberty Mutual Insurance - Liberty Mutual is a great company to work for because of the compensation, vacation, and work/life balance. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

"Liberty Mutual is a great company to work for because of the compensation, vacation, and work/life balance."

Current Employee - Interactive Marketing Consultant in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Interactive Marketing Consultant in Boston, MA

Pros

The company's focus on 'responsibility' really spills over into the culture. Work/life balance is very respected - it is rare that I work more than 40-45 hours per week. The culture really empahsizes making responsibile decisions and treating others with respect. The environment, at least in the marketing department is very collaborative and teamwork focused. Upper management really takes the time to sit down with employees both formally and informally. The compensation really came in at the high level of my MBA graduating class and having 4.5 weeks of vacation is really great. There's opportunity for profit sharing and cash bonuses too.

Cons

Health insurance is not the greatest & the maternity leave is only 6 weeks on short term disability

Advice to Management

Investigate some of the top 100 companies to work for list and try to emulate the benefits package.

Other Employee Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

"Liberty Mutual-a great company to work for."

Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in New Castle, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in New Castle, PA

Pros

Liberty Mutual is a fortune 100 company that has a promote from within philosphy, and compensates employee's well. The management team is great and respects the employee's.

Cons

Since this position is customer service, it is very stressful. We have certain high goals we must adhear to at all times.

Advice to Management

The only advise I would give to senior management would be to allow more aux 0 time as our insurace assistance are extreamly backed up, therefore, we(the reps) have to make most of our own call outs. And for us not to have to hold transactions that are waiting for paperwork from a policyholder. For example you can have a rep who is exceeding in all area's, but one because she/he is doing her job properly is not meeting because he/she has to wait for paperwork to come in. Especially when there are the majority of reps that do not even start transactions, but since I do my job "the right way" I get penelized. This needs to change.

2. "Great Place to train and work"

Current Employee - Property Underwriter in Warrenville, IL
    Current Employee - Property Underwriter in Warrenville, IL

Pros

Everyday is different
    Open communication among all offices (ie: if one office has more experience with California Quake)
    You get to know everyone in the company early on (Liberty Mutual Property)
    One of the best training programs in the insurance industry -- a lot of people you meet at other companies started with either Liberty or Wausau

Cons

Good training, but slow on the underwriting side
    Hiring in one city, but will most likely be moved at the end of training to another location

Advice to Management

Hiring people for the office where they will most likely be needed could help with the turnover