Liberty Mutual Insurance - Liberty Mutual is a great company to work for. Job security for those that are willing to meet the challenges. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

"Liberty Mutual is a great company to work for. Job security for those that are willing to meet the challenges."

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster
Current Employee - Claims Adjuster

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company motivates everyone to go above and beyond for our customers. Very rewarding place to work. They have a bonus incentive for employees, and love to give away prizes, food, among other things to keep their employees motivated.
The company has great benefits package and they have a pension plan! Overall, it has been a great experience!

Cons

The company is very focused on metrics. Be ready to have to meet production. They monitor your every move. It's a call center environment, so expect to be at your desk 90% of the time.

Advice to Management

Some of metrics tht we are expected to meet can be a little bit of a reach. The stress of meeting goals and the amount of work given to each employee is what is leading to the high turnover rate. Make the environment less stressful and I guarantee this will be reflected upon our customers. The company is the in the right path for success, just needs to focus on keeping their employees happy; money isn't everything.

Other Employee Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

"Just a place to get started"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time

Pros

Nice building, good name in Boston, new tower/cafeteria. Hiring from within, rewards longtime veterans with the company. Pay is competitive if you're above a grade 8.

Cons

Feeling isolated in a little cubicle all the time, boring/meaningless work, standard work sucks, takes a while to move up in the company, too much reliance on managers - if you hated your manager, Liberty would be a nightmare for you because managers have so much direction over their direct reports.

Advice to Management

Make Liberty Management System more conducive to flexibility. I understand the reason is to streamline work and get everyone on the same page, but when we get down to nitpicking which windows and programs should be open when, random formatting details, etc. it defeats the purpose. "One way is not the best way for everyone", but the whole premise of standard work dismisses this.

"Top-Notch Training and great place to start"

Current Employee - Personal Markets Sales Representative in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Personal Markets Sales Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They have comprehensive training, solid pay, and incredible benefits as far as retirement and 401k match. There are not any glaring problems, just the normal challenges of any insurance career.

Cons

The only thing I did not love was that I did feel there was an active movement to recruit sales reps in to other aspects of the company such as training & development, wholesaling, management, etc.