Liberty Mutual Insurance - This was a contract position. The company is very thoroughly looking out for the employees well being and life balance. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

"This was a contract position. The company is very thoroughly looking out for the employees well being and life balance."

Former Contractor - Tax Accountant
Former Contractor - Tax Accountant

I worked at Liberty Mutual Insurance as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a company with great benefits, excellent work environment and many opportunities to advance within the company.

Cons

As a contractor I was not entitled to the same benefits. I was well paid however.

Advice to Management

Contractors would appreciate some sensitivity regarding the lack of benefits available for them. Perhaps a nice benefit for them would be a program in place to review the subcontractors performance and a mentor to assist with identifying an in-house employee position and the process requirements to apply for one.

Other Employee Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

"Great Place to Start a Career"

Current Employee - IT Project Coordinator
    Current Employee - IT Project Coordinator

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I entered the company through the college hire program as an IT Analyst and am in the Project Management track. I must admit, Liberty definitely rewards hard work, honesty, and responsibility. You'll hear it all the time in IT - responsibility, responsibility, responsibility... meaning, when it doubt, always do the "right" thing.

+ Competitive pay
    + Plenty of opportunity to move up and across the company
    + Most coworkers are friendly and competent
    + Culture isn't overly competitive
    + yearly bonuses and merit increases
    + decent 401k and pension program
    + people stay with the company for a LONG time. I work with plenty of people who have been with the company for 10+ years and love it here.

Cons

- some managers tend to promote based on tenure, not skillset
    - work/life balance can be rough in some parts of IT... but I think this is a natural pitfall within the tech industry
    - ironically, the medical plan isn't the best... copay is low but they only cover something like 90% after the deductible.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire college students aggressively. The work force is aging faster than HR can replace it. Also, invest in more labor resource management. Some teams are getting hammered with projects while others are bored.

Other than that, keep up the great work! :)

"Very good to employees, if you put forth the effort"

Current Employee - Case Manager II
    Current Employee - Case Manager II

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- great pay and benefits
    - bonus structure
    - great office culture
    - team environment
    - work life balance

Cons

- management can be disconnected
    - you are responsible for bragging about yourself if you want to be noticed, if you aren't comfortable with bragging, you won't be rewarded

Advice to Management

- take the incentive to notice the efforts of your employees without them needing to inform you constantly