Liberty Mutual Insurance - Good place to work. Although they hire from within it's not always easy to get the exposure needed to advance. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

"Good place to work. Although they hire from within it's not always easy to get the exposure needed to advance."

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst
Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very competitive salary, benefits, & bonuses. Pro-process improvement.

Cons

Not all managers possess the skills to lead well and to reign in negativity. Hard to make needed improvements when non-productive criticism from staff drowns out successes.

Advice to Management

Identify ways to improve staff relations like ways to improve business processes have been found.

Other Employee Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

"Great place to gain civil litigation experience."

Former Employee - Law Clerk
    Former Employee - Law Clerk

I worked at Liberty Mutual Insurance part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a law clerk, I was given a lot of autonomy with regard to my work assignments. I worked with a number of attorneys with years of legal experience, those relationships continue to help me to date.

Cons

Many of my coworkers had a general feeling of being overworked which led to a negative environment at times. Some of the members of the support staff that we sent a significant amount of work to, were located in an office in another state, which made communication very difficult at times.

2. "Horrible corporate culture in Legal Units"

Pros

One would be hard pressed to find better pay in a similar position elsewhere. Excellent benefits and great local staff.

Cons

Micro managers are everywhere and limit the ability to focus on the job and clients. Corporate admin supports spies and have a tendency to drive off effective talent. No loyalty from upper management who also fails to take responsibility for their own negative ratings in employee opinion surveys (EOS) and instead they blame it all on local mgmt who is castigated for employees speaking their mind despite the alleged open door policy.

Advice to Management

Corporate legal is a long polluted unit overdue for a management house cleaning. You would be surprised what people would say if they knew their feedback would be taken seriously and not used against them or the managing attorneys. They control the feedback and punish for bad reviews. Fix this and you will find out who the real problem leaders are and why your turnover in Indiana Legal is so bad.