Liberty Mutual Insurance - Customer service rep | Glassdoor

"Customer service rep"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They have a Decent Pay, great coworkers, great lunch venders, own desk, have the option to earn or pay for casual dress

Cons

Horrible Work/life balance, shitty schedule for new employees with late evenings and mandatory Saturdays, managers, customers

Other Employee Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

"It's all about the manager and the office you work in."

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Training program is very good. It is a great place to start your insurance career. Fairly flexible schedule. Uncapped earnings potential. A lot of fantastic co-workers. If you are willing to relocate to New England, there are a lot of opportunities for growth.

Cons

Sell, sell, sell, sell, sell. The renewal commissions here are basically non-existent. Rate increases every year on policy holders and very few tools to assist reps in saving policies, in situations like that. This is not a place to build your book and be rewarded with renewals. Want to make more money, keep selling more year in and year out. The exorbitant amount of micro-management from the branch manager, in this office, is unlike anything I have ever seen in my life. This could possibly have something to do with the fact that the branch manager here has never sold anything, ever. Managed to spreadsheets by a boss who doesn't have the employees' best interest in mind. Unbelievably top heavy.

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to fire managers that aren't cutting it. Too many sales reps, lose their jobs for not making "PVP", etc., and the manager isn't held accountable. I can only base my review on my personal experience. There are plenty of others, who don't work in my office, who are quite happy and don't have anything negative to say. I get that and don't blame that on anyone except my direct manager.

The company has gone the way of analysis paralysis and it truly makes everyone's life difficult. Perhaps look at what you are really getting from folks at the top and the countless VP and Director positions, and reevaluate those positions. The money saved could go to compensating reps better or possibly not taking so much rate on policies.

"Management made it a bad experience"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Uniondale, NY
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Uniondale, NY

I worked at Liberty Mutual Insurance part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Convenient cafeteria located in the same building

Cons

Not compensated properly for the amount of work put in.

Advice to Management

Get off your power trip and listen to your employees' concerns.