KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great Place to Work

May 16, 2022 - Senior Underwriter in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Liberty is constantly asking for feedback from their employees. The company focuses on Diversity and Inclusion. Employees are offered good Benefits; including 401k, Pension, Health, and a plethora of other benefits. Flexible work environment. The company also offers the ability for employees to donate to non-profit organizations and receive an employer match to that contribution.

Cons

When compared to other organizations, Liberty does not have anything that I would consider a con.

12 people found this review helpful

Liberty Mutual Insurance Response

Thank you for your feedback here! We're happy you've been satisfied with your experience at Liberty Mutual, and we look forward to continuing to invest in you!

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Sales professional review

Sep 22, 2022 - Field Sales Representative in Towson, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility hybrid and remote opportunities Unlimited income

Cons

Rates are going up in the insurance industry as a whole and that will challenge you while you build your books of business

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Current Employee

Overworked

Sep 7, 2022 - Internal Auditor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits. Good pay for “core hours”. If all you’re interested in is a company with an abundance of DEI and focus on ERG, this place is great.

Cons

Unwritten expectation to work more than 40 hrs/wk. Pretend to care about work/life balance but then get annoyed when you need to take time off. When you work extra hours to work ahead, they still want to nickel and dime your FTO if you need to leave early during “core hours”. The harder you work to move up the ladder, the more they take advantage of your work ethic. You can work at 150% and the person next to you is working at 60% and at the end of the day, you get paid the same. The “pay for performance” is junk when you think about how many extra hours and stress you put out there to get a $4-5K bonus for “exceeds expectations” when you think about the Senior Leaders that are walking away with 6 figure bonuses. The annual raises are a joke at 3% when you can go to another company doing the same work and get a 10-15% raise in pay. Typical corporate crap!

2 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Liberty Mutual Insurance Careers

Cover image for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Why We Do What We Do Our purpose is to help people embrace today while confidently pursuing tomorrow. That’s why we’ve created a company...More

• Our Giving
  • Sales
  • Undergrads & Grads
  • Digital & Technology

Liberty Mutual Insurance Photos

+ Add Photo
Liberty Mutual Insurance photo of: There's the work you and the real you. We welcome the whole you.
Liberty Mutual Insurance photo of: Give with Liberty
Liberty Mutual Insurance photo of: Serve with Liberty
Liberty Mutual Insurance photo of: Liberty Torchbearers
Liberty Mutual Insurance photo of: Opportunities to network with members and allies of Employee Resource Groups.
Liberty Mutual Insurance photo of: LEAAP@Liberty Member and Allies