Liberty Power Corp - If you like to "Build" rather than just "Maintain" and you want to grow professionally, this is the place for you! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Liberty Power Corp

"If you like to "Build" rather than just "Maintain" and you want to grow professionally, this is the place for you!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Liberty Power Corp full-time

Pros

You can make a big impact. Your decisions can be seen in action immediately. There is easy access to the leadership, so making things happen can be accomplished quickly. There is rapid growth, which creates lots of opportunity for taking things to the next level. It's a place for builders, artists, and outstanding leaders.

Cons

The pace of change is overwhelming to some

Advice to Management

Maintain a strong outward focus.... the industry is continuing to evolve and the team must continue to grow and change with the needs of our channels and customers. Your People make the difference!

Other Employee Reviews for Liberty Power Corp

"Your new home away from home"

Current Employee - Chief Executive Officer in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Chief Executive Officer in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Liberty Power Corp full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

As the CEO, and one of the founders, of Liberty Power it saddens me to hear that any team member has had anything other than an outstanding experience working for our company, because I believe our team deserves our best!

We have grown and achieved so much since we started with a handful of people and a great idea back in 2001 to become the largest independent retail electric provider in the United States. We are a family at this company and Liberty Power has been our baby--raised from infancy with a lot of worry, sleepless nights and desire to push for every opportunity. One of the challenges of starting a company and growing it so rapidly from nothing has meant a lot of sacrifices, long hours and demands. (Just like parenthood!) We know these things have had an impact on some of our team members. We recognize and applaud our team members that are asking for and working to enable a more balanced life, overall. As leaders, we too want that for ourselves: time to focus on our physical health, the health of our relationships, as well as time to reflect and recharge.

We also have a desire to communicate more effectively with our team members and afford them the opportunities to make our business and our workplace the best it can be. To that end, we are taking active steps to learn from our experience and growing pains. We are proud of the business and work family we have built. We know that the vast majority of our team members feel the same because they have told us so. Through engagement surveys, round table forums, and our new Powerful Ideas Program, we will continue to seek ways to continually improve and reevaluate what we offer our amazing team because they deserve our best.

I am confident that new team members will be welcomed and impressed by the efforts we make to attract, develop, and retain the best people. The great news for all of our potential and existing team is that we have made many great enhancements to add to the list of things that make this company a great place to work. For example, we have hired an internal team and engaged experts to focus on the goal of transforming our culture so that everyone feels loved and loves to work here. We just shifted to a no formal dress code environment so team members can dress in a way that makes them comfortable and more effective: this includes shorts and flip-flops! Not only do we have some pretty spectacular parties and team events, we also have amazing benefits including:
    • Medical – 100% premium coverage for employee/single
    • Medical/Dental/Vision - Employer contribution to all plans and coverage levels
    • Humana Vitality – Wellness program which employees can earn points for products
    • Short-Term Disability/Long-Term Disability – 100% Employer Paid
    • Group Life Insurance – 100% Employer Paid
    • 401K - $ for $ Employer Contribution up to 4%
    • Liberty Power Café w/Subsidized Lunch
    • Free Massage
    • Free Yoga
    • Discounted Movie Tickets
    • Discounted Gym Membership
    Concierge Services available in office (paid by team members)
    • Car Wash
    • Cleaners

Cons

We still have a lot of work to do to transform the culture so that everyone feels loved and loves to work here.

Advice to Management

Get ready, because many more exciting changes are coming to Liberty Power!

2. "Solid company heading in the right direction"

Current Contractor - Senior Software Engineer in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Contractor - Senior Software Engineer in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Liberty Power Corp as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

LP is on its way to becoming the leader in deregulated energy so this company will be around for a long time.
    LP is goal oriented in it's approach to becoming one of the best companies to work with and not work for.
    The CEO is passionate, driven and focused.
    The CIO/CTO has a vision where technology is the key and is dedicated to implementing strategic processes to support that vision
    LP is:
    Flexible
    Dynamic
    Offers great benefits
    Always informing and unifying employees through various events
    Maintains a positive attitude from upper management

Cons

Due to the dynamic nature of the deregulated energy industry the business can at times suffer from disorientation, lack of communication and lack of appropriate resources to fulfill some of the great initiatives set forth by the executive team.

Advice to Management

Start getting to know the employees as individuals and not as groups or workers.
    Pay more attention to business analysts and managers approach to facilitating work efforts
    Don't solve problems, build solutions!
    You're efforts are definitely recognized and appreciated however a more targeted approach may help drive innovation and loyalty.