Life Care Centers of America - Happy to be apart of this team | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Life Care Centers of America

"Happy to be apart of this team"

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Coeur d'Alene, ID
Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Coeur d'Alene, ID

I have been working at Life Care Centers of America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wonderful co workers, and upper management

Cons

NOC shift not really a NOC person

Advice to Management

Keep up the awesome job

Other Employee Reviews for Life Care Centers of America

"Beat down and worn out."

I have been working at Life Care Centers of America full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

A few of the individuals I work with and for are very dedicated professionals who work themselves to the bone to appropriately care for our residents.

Cons

Middle management must give their entire lives to Life Care without just or fair compensation. They are taken advantage of on a daily basis, with more and more being asked of them every day. Most of them I have seen try their best to keep up, only to get reprimanded for not being able to do the impossible.

Advice to Management

Recognize how much of themselves many of your management associates give to LCCA. Instead of taking their entire lives and continuing to demand more, show your appreciation by actually giving them at least the same 1% annual raise that associates at the facility level get. We often work harder and get much less in the way of benefits than someone working in a facility. You preach about how to show facility level associates they are appreciated, yet it seems no one cares about management level associates. It takes everyone in all positions to make the company successful. Recognize when expectations are so unrealistic that someone could work 24 hours per day and still not meet them. Then adjust expectations accordingly.

"They do not value their loyal employees"

Former Employee - Physical Therapist in Altamonte Springs, FL
    Former Employee - Physical Therapist in Altamonte Springs, FL

I worked at Life Care Centers of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

When I started working there in 2009 it was a very family-oriented culture. Flexibility hours and the environment within the rehab gym was relax, despite how busy it was.

Cons

Senior management promotes based on patronage with unqualified managers that function as mid level. They do not know what they are doing but that is okay, senior management is the one that is actually running the department through the rehab manager.

Advice to Management

Value your senior employees, the ones that have been there for 5+ years. Promote employees within the facility and value their opinions.