Life.Church - YouVersion has been a dream job for me. | Glassdoor
  1. "YouVersion has been a dream job for me."

Current Employee - YouVersion Software Engineer in Edmond, OK

I have been working at Life.Church full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of personal development, great team environment, understanding management, amazing benefits, family-focused work hours, super challenging work... I could go on forever. From day one (even before that... as early as the interview process) I've been nothing but thankful for what YouVersion has done for me and my family.

Cons

First couple months, especially, can be difficult. "It's like drinking from a fire hose" is a commonly heard phrase and it's not an exaggeration, that's literally how it'll feel some days... it can be overwhelming. You're going to learn (and keep learning) a lot about Life.Church, your team, new technologies, and yourself.

Life.Church2019-08-05
  1. "I walk into work every day thinking, "I can't believe I get to do this.""

Current Employee - Pastor in Mansfield, TX

I have been working at Life.Church full-time for less than a year

Pros

- I've never experienced so much personal growth in such a short period of time. - I've never had so much influence in my entire ministry career. - I've never felt closer to a staff team. - You don't have a choice but to continue growing and getting better. - This place not only cares about you as an employee but genuinely loves and cares for you as a person and cares for your family.

Cons

- Life.Church is not an easy place to work. It's really hard work. - If you are uncomfortable with feedback, Life.Church is not the place for you. - You will be continuously pushed outside of your comfort zone. - Life.Church is not a place where "playing it safe" is acceptable. You are required to fail-forward.

Continue reading
    Life.Church2020-02-17
  2. "Amazing Place to Serve!!!"

Current Employee - Software Project Manager in Edmond, OK

I have been working at Life.Church full-time for more than a year

Pros

- High Feedback Culture meaning you should never be surprised during review season and that people genuinely care about your growth. - Great leaders and great development. This organization places a premium on leadership development for every single person. Meaning you will be developed and will grow. - Results driven organization. This means they focus on the results accomplished more than the time spent on a specific project, initiative, or task. We expect excellence because excellence honors God and inspires people, but the focus is more on the why and what and less on the how.

Cons

- You own your development. This is a pro for me but can be a con for some. There is a lot of development that will just happened but the majority of it will be on you to help develop yourself utilizing the many tools and resources at our disposal. - You can't play it safe. You can't be afraid to fail. Failure is part of growing and getting better here. You will fail, so that you can ultimately succeed. You will be required to take risks in your job. If you fail, you will receive some feedback, but if you are playing it safe people will notice. - Spiritual Opposition - There will be spiritual opposition due to working for any church, especially ours because we are taking ground daily against the enemy so expect it.

Life.Church2020-02-17

Discover more reviews about Life.Church.