Life Time Fitness - Potential to be an awesome place | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Life Time Fitness

"Potential to be an awesome place"

Current Employee - Corporate Office in Chanhassen, MN
Current Employee - Corporate Office in Chanhassen, MN

I have been working at Life Time Fitness full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free membership, low formality culture at corporate office, fun people (most of the time). Great place to get a ton of experience because they run a LEAN team. Fast paced culture means you'll never get bored. Great place to learn as much as you want about your personal health and fitness with tons of great and knowledgeable people!

Cons

No work/life balance or respect for employees. When you meet a goal, all they expect is more. It never seems to be good enough. Feels like a "boys club" a lot of the time with senior management... you really feel the glass ceiling here.

I feel like i'm always connected to work- at home I feel like i have to check my email at all hours in case a senior leader needs something. At times it feels like i'm working with jr-high age people. If you don't like profanity, you may get easily offended.

Advice to Management

Please value your employees. We know members are #1, but if employees aren't valued, we can't make it the best experience for our members. Employees are NOT just at your disposal. It does matter when we lose employees because of turnover costs.

Other Employee Reviews for Life Time Fitness

"Member Advisor"

Former Employee - Member Advisor in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Member Advisor in Memphis, TN

I worked at Life Time Fitness full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay.
    Fun environment.
    Free membership.
    Nice people/members.
    Good start out of college.

Cons

50-60 hours a week if you want to get paid well.
    They want a ton of sales and you to retain everyone. They don't like when you sign up bad quality members who will leave, but when you turn some people away, they get mad. It is a no win situation and if you want the life sucked out of you, work here. There is also no respect for their employees.

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees, motivate them when they have a rough week, don't get mad at them.

2. "Growing Opportunities with a Growing Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

You can create a great long term career here. This culture rewards performance and mission focus so if you value these things this can be a great place to work. I enjoy the company becasue we make a positive impact on the coummunity we serve by offering a great place with dedicated people.

Cons

If you do not value a performance culture then Life Time will not be a good fit for you. The culture fit at Life Time is not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Create strong succession planning so I know where I am going.