Life Time Fitness - Worst company. This review is for Corporate Headquarters | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Life Time Fitness

"Worst company. This review is for Corporate Headquarters"

Former Employee - Advertising in Chanhassen, MN
Former Employee - Advertising in Chanhassen, MN

I worked at Life Time Fitness full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

* They hire young people (cheaper) which makes for a fun office environment most of the time.
* Great creative portfolio builder because of the amount of work you churn through.

Cons

* Work/Life balance is not valued even though they claim to hold it to high regard.
* The CEO is a total creep. Watch out ladies. I mean it. That also goes for most of upper management and his "right hand men". And I say men because of the next bullet:
* Male-dominated atmosphere with a touch of egotistical, chauvinistic, hot-headedness, and sexual harassment thrown in just for fun.
* You can't trust them. I got a new job and my old boss at Life Time called their New York headquarters to say nasty things about me (when I had done nothing wrong). defamation of character? Check.

Advice to Management

Get a clue. The more you respect your employees and treat them like equals the more people will WANT to stay after hours to finish a product. Also, try not hiring jerks for upper management.

Other Employee Reviews for Life Time Fitness

1. "My Life Time"

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Life Time Fitness full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Love working for innovative, caring company that truly puts the member and team member first... Life Time recognized my potential early and supplied me with specific management training after I proved high level of performance... I can see myself retiring from Life Time! Team members can expect a performance-based culture, high-pace work environment that daily strives to exceed our members' expectations

Cons

Can be long hours initially - but if you put in the right amount of time with the right focus, it's definitely worth it!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! And keep building clubs!!

2. "There is no place to pursue your dreams like Life Time Fitness!"

Current Employee - General Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - General Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Life Time Fitness full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Life Time Fitness is the right fit for me because they truly let you determine your career path. Although my tenor with the company is three and a half short years I have been able to achieve the position of General Manager! Life Time Fitness provides great communication with guidelines and standard operating procedures that makes my daily, weekly, and monthly activites efficent and impactful. Every team member in the building has the opportunity to make there career dreams come true.

Cons

Work life balance is VERY hard to achieve, even when you are on PTOyou are never really off. Also,when you lose a manager there is no back up plan given or supported to get you through until you find anew manager.

Advice to Management

Our innovation is non-stop which is inspiring and overwhleming at the same time