Life Time Fitness - Great place to workout ... terrible company to work for. | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Life Time Fitness

"Great place to workout ... terrible company to work for."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chanhassen, MN
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chanhassen, MN

I worked at Life Time Fitness full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get a free membership

Cons

They promote managers based on revenue generated ... not people management skills. The corporate employees running the business are disconnected from the clubs and don't understand the relationships that are built between the club employees and the paying members. It comes from the top down

Other Employee Reviews for Life Time Fitness

"Worst company. This review is for Corporate Headquarters"

Former Employee - Advertising in Chanhassen, MN
    Former Employee - Advertising in Chanhassen, MN

I worked at Life Time Fitness full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

* They hire young people (cheaper) which makes for a fun office environment most of the time.
    * Great creative portfolio builder because of the amount of work you churn through.

Cons

* Work/Life balance is not valued even though they claim to hold it to high regard.
    * The CEO is a total creep. Watch out ladies. I mean it. That also goes for most of upper management and his "right hand men". And I say men because of the next bullet:
    * Male-dominated atmosphere with a touch of egotistical, chauvinistic, hot-headedness, and sexual harassment thrown in just for fun.
    * You can't trust them. I got a new job and my old boss at Life Time called their New York headquarters to say nasty things about me (when I had done nothing wrong). defamation of character? Check.

Advice to Management

Get a clue. The more you respect your employees and treat them like equals the more people will WANT to stay after hours to finish a product. Also, try not hiring jerks for upper management.

2. "My Life Time"

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Life Time Fitness full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Love working for innovative, caring company that truly puts the member and team member first... Life Time recognized my potential early and supplied me with specific management training after I proved high level of performance... I can see myself retiring from Life Time! Team members can expect a performance-based culture, high-pace work environment that daily strives to exceed our members' expectations

Cons

Can be long hours initially - but if you put in the right amount of time with the right focus, it's definitely worth it!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! And keep building clubs!!