Life Time Fitness - Great Energy and people with great products and services. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Life Time Fitness

"Great Energy and people with great products and services."

Current Employee - Assistant Department Head in Warrenville, IL
Current Employee - Assistant Department Head in Warrenville, IL

I have been working at Life Time Fitness full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It is a great place to work because you are working with like minded people. Ex athletes, health and fitness pros. There is a lot of satisfaction in helping people.

Cons

benefits and commission based salary. You make your money off of sales. If you have a slow month you feel it in your paycheck. Benefits are weak. The insurance and 401K matching in sub par in my opinion.

Advice to Management

None

Other Employee Reviews for Life Time Fitness

"Glad that's over with..."

Former Employee - Tennis Pro in Colleyville, TX
    Former Employee - Tennis Pro in Colleyville, TX

I worked at Life Time Fitness full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Beautiful facilities; met some great members and some nice co-workers.

Cons

Overall sense of dour attitudes of employees; few smiles or eye contact when passing by.
    Low pay; If you want to hire and retain quality coaches, you must pay them accordingly, or they will not stay very long.
    Constant Intranet assessment testing and training (many of them were an insult to my intelligence).
    Poor DH leadership skills; poor communicative skills.
    High turnover rate.
    My DH showed up at our club once per week--he was DH at 2 separate clubs, hence a chaotic/dysfunctional working atmosphere; poor programming; he played one against the other-behind the back criticism; the other club he DH'd at he only worked for 9-2PM.

Advice to Management

Learn to recognize quality, credentialed employees and pay them or you'll always be stuck with a
    mediocre staff.

"Not bad but opted not to take position"

Current Employee - Dietitian in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Dietitian in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Life Time Fitness full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a high need for dietitians and the staff seems really nice. With this need there are seemingly plenty of potential referral opportunities from the large personal training staff. Another "pro" is that the company seems to promote fairly quickly to higher levels of the company.

Cons

This position is 100% commission. I thought there may be a base salary but there is not. If you are not counseling someone then you are making no money at all. You receive a commission off of referrals, supplements and lab testing. You are expected to walk the floors and attain clients by asking them to seek you or they see you and are inspired to inquire about your services. Once client attained you provide a percentage of your earnings to the company. The longer you are with the company the more you get to keep for yourself and the less Life Time keeps.

Advice to Management

If you want more dietitians you Have to pay us a base salary. The education required for personal training is not comparable to that of a registered dietitian and therefore you cannot offer us the same "deal." If you do not change this you will always have a lot of unfilled dietitian positions.