Life Time Fitness - Overall it was a great experience , good people ( members ) | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Life Time Fitness

"Overall it was a great experience , good people ( members )"

Current Employee - Facility Operation Department Head in Canton, MI
Current Employee - Facility Operation Department Head in Canton, MI

I have been working at Life Time Fitness full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is no other Fitness club out there that offers the programs
Or have the faculties that Lifetime has !

Cons

The pay and benefits are horrible ! There is no Career Planning for people that want to progress with the company . The training program needs a lot of work ! You basically learn on your on .

Advice to Management

You have a goal mind ! Develope people !

Other Employee Reviews for Life Time Fitness

1. "This place sucks"

Former Employee - Swim Instructor in Saint Louis Park, MN
    Former Employee - Swim Instructor in Saint Louis Park, MN

I worked at Life Time Fitness part-time

Pros

Free membership
    Working with kids
    Discounts at the cafe and shops

Cons

The training is a JOKE. They try to cram their whole program, philosophy, and child development into 15 hours and don't really teach much on proper swimming techniques. If you happen to know anything about teaching swimming, they tell you to leave it at the door.

They've hired people that have had no experience. As a result, skills are not taught in a consistent manner and kids get put into the wrong levels and makes it ineffective to teach anything.

The pool is way too cold. Everyone complains about it. 70 degree pool temperatures are not ideal for teaching a 3 hour shift or for kids either. Kids are so cold that they get rowdy so that they can stay warm. I've had to send kids out of the pool because they were turning blue.

If you are looking hours, this is not the position to take. Swim lesson schedules are extremely limited.

This location's aquatics department is run by the head of the Kids Activities department (which is not the case for all LTF locations). Management does not care about aquatics and does not respond to any issues unless they are at the request of a parent.

Advice to Management

Get new management
    Make aquatics its own department in all locations
    More consistent training and staff

2. "What we find in the Laundry Room!!"

Current Employee - Laundry in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Laundry in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Life Time Fitness full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lost and Found Clothing
    Pay
    Benefits
    Laundry Room
    Machines

Cons

None
    Nothing I can think of!

Advice to Management

You don't need to update anything because it's all good! Since I work for the Laundry room, I go into the Women's Locker Room and get the wet/dirty towels. Every single day I find different articles of clothing left in the locker room. Everyday I find: winter jackets, swim wear such as 1 piece swimsuits and 2 piece bikini swimsuits, pants, shirts, hats, and more. When we find any article of clothing we're required to bring it to the Laundry Room and immediate deposit it into the washing machine. After everything is done in the washing machine we throw it in the dryer for a few hours on high heat. Lot's of people come about 30 minutes later after we picked up their clothing and think they can get it back immediately but aren't able to until we process the item (which means iron the item). I have had a lot of teenage girls coming to me because they say they put (either) their winter jacket or swim suit by the sinks while they're in the shower. I explain to them everyday that they have to put the clothing in the locker while they're in the shower because it's automatically taken when it's by the sinks. There have been a few occasions where people throw a lost swimsuit or winter jacket in the towel hamper too and we discover that in the laundry room. If the lost clothing isn't claimed the day it was originally taken, we have to launder it again the next day for 30 days...then Goodwill comes and picks everything up. I have seen a lot of teenage girls drying their 2 piece bikini swimsuits with the hair dryers and find that weird.