Life Time Fitness - Sipping the Life Time juice is a requirement to succeed | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Life Time Fitness

"Sipping the Life Time juice is a requirement to succeed"

Former Employee - Member Engagement Advisor in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Member Engagement Advisor in Chicago, IL

I worked at Life Time Fitness full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Sales Experience, Free membership, Toughens your skin out of college.

Cons

Long Hours, no pay for meetings an hour away, Extreme pressure tactics to close potential clients. Watch your back when it comes to fair lead distribution. You must be 100% bought in to everything about Life Time to succeed.

Advice to Management

60+ hours a week, and closeout is 36 hours minimum in 3 days is INSANE. Be fair when it comes to lead distribution, when somebody is taking leads out of turn, it needs to be fixed rather than management looking the other way.

Other Employee Reviews for Life Time Fitness

"ZERO stars (It takes a very different approach to be even one star)"

Former Employee - Yoga Instructor in Canton, MI
    Former Employee - Yoga Instructor in Canton, MI

I worked at Life Time Fitness part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great members to work with, they were the reason for why I worked there for over 10 years.
    Many amazing fellow instructors. THANK YOU!

Cons

From my experience:
    1) When I was stalked by my student, and reported it to my department head, she said it was my fault (because I was too friendly)...I actually got in trouble for reporting, until upper management found out, and the member was terminated and taken out of my class by police, in handcuffs.
    2) I thought, OK....all of us make poor judgment sometimes....and just kept working away, giving my heart, my ideas, my highest revenues from my workshops, giving of myself and sharing from the place inside me, that will make an eternal positive change in my students, the clubs, and the management (those who valued and respected me, and those who didn't).
    I received an Artistry Award signed by B. Akradi, and was told it was a big deal. I tirelessly taught my classes that were fun, intense, deep and also huge (up to 80 students in class). Shortly after LTF gave me the Artistry award, as a recognition for my outstanding contribution in helping make LTF the premier destination for it's members and guests, as a recognition of my uncompromising quality work, I was fired. The national Yoga Director for LifePower Yoga just changed, and my classes happened to have 3 times more people than his graduates' classes....
    Before this new person became a national director, I never had experience of being back stabbed by a fellow instructor....after the change, some dirty work was done. General manager at a time didn't seem to like me or care for me at all, nor was he willing to dig a little deeper into things to see a bigger picture. My DH seemed to be an alright manager at first, until stress in the company became so high, that she lost the sense of caring for people in her department. She tried to also be agreeable with a GM of a time (this one was # 6 or 7 GM during the time I worked there). And while we had a few great and caring for people, and success, GMs, the last one (for me) was different.
    Because of high pressure, my DH was off track for a while, treating me (I can only speak from my experience) very poorly. She and GM fired me, and banned me from stepping my foot into any LTF in the USA for 6 months!
    But, the most fascinating thing, that while my X manager tried so hard to get along with the ever changing LTF policies and "ethics", she got fired shortly after, too!
    During my 10+ years working at LTF, I saw a few great people (as human beings and as professionals) being fired.
    3) Very little pay. As a yoga coordinator, I worked first 10 months in that role for nothing, ZERO! And while making highest revenue in my workshops, ammong all 6 MI clubs, I still ended up a bad "guy".
    4) With a very little pay, I still had to check my automatic deposits, all the time, since I was often NOT paid for the work I did, and had to spend a lot of my private time to make sure, they pay me right. That was a pain.
    5) With so many people loving my classes, and standing by me, and for me even after I was fired, the company didn't care to take a look at what is it that made my classes so popular and effective, and maybe learn from me. Instead, they fired me.
    6) Members are not considered. Money is the most important to them. Not even members!!!!! Forget about employees....

Advice to Management

Just read what I shared, please.....in addition.....................
    Guys, this way of being, that you have embrased and think is good, won't last for much longer. You gotta find your heart again.....
    Life Time? You claim your Life Time values....look at the turnaround of your members and employees.....as a person who was definitely ready to stand with you for my Life Time, I now know that your are not Fit to call yourself a LifeTime Fitness.
    As for the advice.....you haven't listen to what I had to say when I was with you. And now, I'd charge you to give you my advice for improvement.

2. "Awesome work environment!"

Former Employee - Summer Camp Counselor in Warrenville, IL
    Former Employee - Summer Camp Counselor in Warrenville, IL

I worked at Life Time Fitness part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Receiving a free membership was a fantastic perk! Being able to wear comfortable clothes (for example: t shirt and shorts) was great.

Cons

Getting paid minimum wage wasn't idea; would have liked a raise during second summer back. Sometimes seemed like management wasn't always the most prepared.