Life Time Fitness - Best place to be a trainer in a Corporate Company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Life Time Fitness

"Best place to be a trainer in a Corporate Company"

Former Employee - Personal Trainer in Tempe, AZ
Former Employee - Personal Trainer in Tempe, AZ

Pros

The culture there is full of fun and energetic people...not to mention the superior facilities. Personal Trainer commission rates are high. The management in the PT departments is really good at providing professional growth opportunities.

Cons

During the busy times of the year the trainers work as a team to help each others revenue out but during the slow seasons (summer through December) it cant get pretty cut throat. I even had my manager steal one of my clients. I also was charging as much as one of my managers (because my services were worth it and people were willing to pay that much) and my manager told me that I had to lower my price because it devalues his service. I thought "what about my service?" During the last 3 days of the month you are expected to work 6am to 11pm all days until you make more then $6000 in revenue (which isn't hard during the busy seasons, but can be challenging during the slow times) During those 3 days you expected to annoy the hell out of every member and sell services and items they don't need (not everyone needs a trainer!)

Advice to Management

Make sure other trainers set up their business and not push the trainers to get people to "Pay In Full" (PIF)...NO MATTER WHAT! For three months in a row I was asked to PIF several big clients and it eventually screwed me over.

Other Employee Reviews for Life Time Fitness

"Lot of hours for the pay"

Former Employee - Sales Department Head in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales Department Head in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Members, Energy and a clean place to workiut for free.

Cons

Long work hours, no balance between personal and work life. Best suited to single guy or gal with no commitments

Advice to Management

Need Management to show more empathy rather aggressive quotas

"You better love the phone and be ready to put in hours!!"

Current Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX

Pros

Good money if you hussle and benefits are above average including 401k with match.

Cons

HOURS, HOURS, and MORE HOURS!! in addition, regional manager is beyond poor and manages by instilling fear!

*This job is extremely challenging for single parents and families*

Advice to Management

better work/life balance