Life Time Fitness - Love the LiftTime way of life! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Life Time Fitness

"Love the LiftTime way of life!"

Current Employee - Swim Instructor in Chanhassen, MN
Current Employee - Swim Instructor in Chanhassen, MN

Pros

Good pay, Membership included with employment, lifestyle

Cons

I feel like I dont have anywhere to advance to. I also feel like my higher ups do not notice me.

Advice to Management

Appreciate the small workers more

Other Employee Reviews for Life Time Fitness

"Great place to learn terrible place to work long-term."

Former Employee - Department Head in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Department Head in Chicago, IL

Pros

Fast-paced
    Many learning opportunities
    Ability to move around to other Departments
    Free membership
    Encourages Healthy Lifestyle
    Chances to move up within the company

Cons

Raises happened for most hourly's (which I wasn't hourly) when minimum wage goes up
    Management-both Corporate and Club level-very disconnect from day to day activities of Front line employees.
    Very little thanks given to good performance
    It all about popularity and talking a good game
    Management plays favorites with employees who are their friends
    Very hostile place to work; gossip constantly in all the clubs

Advice to Management

My advice would be to try and stay neutral in all situations. Many of them have 'friends' and they rely only on their 'friends' feedback. I've seen this cause to unfairly push employees out of the company. Most employees feel very frustrated by the disconnect between Corporate and the club; so much is expected of us without any idea of what the actuality is that we face in the club everyday. Causing us to not feel set-up for success half the time and if we don't succeed we pay the price even though we're working 60+ hours a week.

"To advance, you must be friends with upper management, not about how you performed or what you know."

Current Employee - Department Head in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Department Head in Detroit, MI

Pros

Free gym membership and discounted services, which are still pricey. I can get a haircut for $10, the same one would cost me $25 in the Life Time Spa.

Cons

No balance between work life and personal life. Expectations too much on managers to work 6 days, sometimes 7 days a week. I've seen General Mangers hire unfairly, on biases and vindictiveness, rather than objective, rational, hiring to the best qualified candidate. I've seen General Managers violate company policy that has led to jeopardizing member safety, especially in the pool area.

Advice to Management

The corporate management needs to look into the hiring practices of it's General Managers. Turning over managers is not "making each team member more valuable each year." I challenge corporate management to audit each GM for the past 5, 6 years and see the number of manager changes. Remember corporate, each time a new manager is hired the revenue lost and training expenditures with a replacement manager.